Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Rjay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised that everyone really thinks that Pam was expecting a snowstorm based on the 8z RAP animation lol. Anyway, it was a fun storm to watch (on radar)!! Snow in Atlantic city and rain up north.

Can't figure that call out....seeing the RGEM so far south at 24-36 hrs was a big red flag that heavy precip would never make it to NYC and vicinity.

April weather sucks

The average temperature in NYC in April is 53.0 degrees. It's below that In almost all of the suburbs west north and east of the city. People get carried away in their expectations of a month that is not historically warm and that most years has some snow for somebody in a 50 mile radius. It's that simple.

The average temperature in NYC in April is 53.0 degrees. It's below that In almost all of the suburbs west north and east of the city. People get carried away in their expectations of a month that is not historically warm and that most years has some snow for somebody in a 50 mile radius. It's that simple.

Yep

Quite the busted forecast from the NWS yesterday...the forecast had called for 50s and some showers. Ended up being a nearly bluebird day.

Yeah, it was a great day, hit 60° here. These rain events big and small have been trending drier like others have said, with some exceptions of course.

Yeah, it was a great day, hit 60° here. These rain events big and small have been trending drier like others have said, with some exceptions of course.

This pattern has been wreaking havoc on forecasts for months. Will be interesting to see how the next few months workout precip wise as it has been on the drier side for the past year or so.  Certainly seems like we're in the middle of a long term dry regime relative to the 10 years before 2012.

I guess people remember the years with extreme warmth like 2002 when NYC reached 96 and Newark 97.

Other years like 09 and 10 made to the low 90's with many years in the 85-90 range.

NOUS41 KOKX 112133 CCB

PNSOKX

CTZ005>012-NJZ002-004-006-103>108-NYZ067>075-078>081-176>179-

132000-

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT...CORRECTED

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

533 PM EDT MON APR 11 2016

...NEW EXPERIMENTAL ENHANCED GRAPHICAL HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK...

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WEATHER FORECAST OFFICE NEW YORK NY WILL ISSUE

A NEW EXPERIMENTAL GRAPHICAL HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK STARTING ON MONDAY

APRIL 25 AROUND 5 AM...DURING SEVERE WEATHER AWARENESS WEEK.

THIS EXPERIMENTAL PRODUCT WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS

STARTING APRIL 25...

HTTP://WWW.WEATHER.GOV/OKX/EHWO

THIS PRODUCT WILL SHOW 5 RISK LEVELS ASSOCIATED WITH FORECAST

WEATHER HAZARDS FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS:

NONE...LIMITED...ELEVATED...SIGNIFICANT AND EXTREME.

THE RISK LEVELS ARE DEFINED SEPARATELY FOR EACH FORECAST HAZARD SIMPLY

BY CLICKING ON THEM.

SELECTED WARM SEASON HAZARDS INCLUDE TORNADO...HAIL...THUNDERSTORM

WIND GUSTS...EXCESSIVE HEAT AND SWIM RISKS.

THIS EXPERIMENTAL PRODUCT WILL ALLOW YOU TO QUICKLY BEGIN PLANNING

FOR SPECIFIC HAZARDS AND THEIR ASSOCIATED IMPACTS BY SEEING THE RISK

COLORS AND READING THEIR DEFINITIONS.

THIS EXPERIMENTAL PRODUCT WILL BE ROUTINELY ISSUED ONCE DAILY AROUND

5 AM AND UPDATED AS NEEDED.

FOR DETAILED INFORMATION...YOU WILL STILL NEED TO READ THE AREA FORECAST

DISCUSSIONS FOR INSIGHT INTO THESE FORECAST HAZARDS.

THE TEXT VERSION OF THE HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK WILL CONTINUE TO BE

PRODUCED DURING THIS TIME.

HTTP://FORECAST.WEATHER.GOV/PRODUCT.PHP?SITE=NWS&ISSUEDBY=OKX&PRODUCT=HWO

PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH YOUR COMMENTS THROUGH MAY 31. MAKE SUGGESTIONS

FOR IMPROVING THIS NEW PRODUCT. SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO [email protected]

$$

GC

Does anyone know if this week will see an end to the cold till next fall? Is it going to be "spring" normal temps for here on out? This past stretch has been a serious buzz kill. I see the long range is above normal but i feel like before it actually gets to say in the 60's in the day we might suffer once more.

We know. You almost make me not like snow :(

I know this isn't true :whistle:

Just gotta wait 7 months. I'm actually looking forward to the warmth, this year should be better severe weather wise

Hopefully man. I'm dreading the heat and humidity. I will be working in prospect park for the summer so it shouldn't be that bad. At least I can stay under the trees :pimp:

I think snow88 should move to nova scotia

Caribou or Marquette

In New York, maybe Watertown or Oswego.

I know this isn't true :whistle:

Hopefully man. I'm dreading the heat and humidity. I will be working in prospect park for the summer so it shouldn't be that bad. At least I can stay under the trees :pimp:

Caribou or Marquette

In New York, maybe Watertown or Oswego.

I would move to Worcester. It's inland but close enough to the coast to get into coastal lows. They avg I believe 65 inches a year

Archived