SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 23-24 System

RyanDe680

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This run is not going to move much in terms of placement.  850 mb 0C line near Chicago and Detroit at 96 hours.

Mix/ice from Detroit to Chicago at hour 90. Heavy snow up this way into S WI, central MI. 

Low tracks by Jefferson City at 96 hours.

It is getting hammered on this run. Just south of there though it is a mix. 

108 hours, low is at NW burbs on Indy. 

50 miles north... even better.

I hope to get some more exact details so I can swap off Thursday or Friday to bust out to the west side of the state for a last hurrah. 

LOL I get like 20 inches an CR/IC get 8-12 wonder where the freezing line is on the euro....

Surface... 0z Thursday it is near US 20 and expanding outwards as the f-gen band sets up.

6z Thursday is from Josh near Detroit, along I-88, kind of goes around Davenport and then heads towards Des Moines. 

12z Thurs. from About Toledo to Muscatine, IA.

18z Thurs. it holds in that last position as the low passes through Indy.

Geos, does EuroWX have a FZR/IP amount map or does the euro even show that at all?

There is really no ice in Iowa.

It starts in a thin band from Galesburg to the Detroit metro into southern ON.

Very S-C MI, NE IN, NW OH gets up to 1.4" of ice!

About 0.4" in Detroit.

Miserable run here verbatim...a lot of cold 32-33 degree rain with what looks like some lake influence that holds temps up just enough. 

Yep fairly typical sweet zone.  Amazing how often this situation has played out.  Northern tier counties of IL northward look good for heavy snow.  South of there little or no snow per usual, despite what the Eurowx maps indicate IMO.  

Yep fairly typical sweet zone.  Amazing how often this situation has played out.  Northern tier counties of IL northward look good for heavy snow.  South of there little or no snow per usual, despite what the Eurowx maps indicate IMO.  

It's the width of the snow band that is impressive. Even a widespread foot of snow would be enough to freak people out and catch them off guard, let alone 30".

Precip starts breaking out 72 hours from now and doesn't stop until Friday midday here. 

Windy too. Wind gusts 40 mph+ hitting the western shoreline here during the peak of the snow.

It's the width of the snow band that is impressive. Even a widespread foot of snow would be enough to freak people off and catch them off guard, let alone 30".

Precip starts breaking out 72 hours from now and doesn't stop until Friday midday here. 

Windy too. Wind gusts 40 mph+ hitting the western shoreline here during the peak of the snow.

Yeah it's going to be one heck of a snow where that lays out.  

lol..

jfc8rr.jpg

Yeah it's going to be one heck of a snow where that lays out.  

lol..

jfc8rr.jpg

Lake enhancement....

And then another snowstorm hits the same areas and slightly south of the first one exactly 7 days from now!

Solid 30" of snow from southwest of Des Moines to the Thumb of MI, peaking at close to 40" over Racine and Milwaukee. 

There is really no ice in Iowa.

It starts in a thin band from Galesburg to the Detroit metro into southern ON.

Very S-C MI, NE IN, NW OH gets up to 1.4" of ice!

About 0.4" in Detroit.

There is no way Detroit is only 0.4" temp is 29 or 30 through the entire event at the surface with dew points of 27.

There is no way Detroit is only 0.4" temp is 29 or 30 through the entire event at the surface with dew points of 27.

My bad I was looking at the value near Detroit, instead of matching up the color. Yeah way over.

Made a difference when I flipped to the NE sector maps.

post-7389-0-75975900-1458501804_thumb.pn

Archived