SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 23-24 System

RyanDe680

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's progress, they started at 4-6 inches a couple days ago with the same model outputs. Nothing has changed QPF for the region.

Backwards progress. This morn they had a large area of 12-18" from Gaylord NE to Huron. Guess they got cold feet (pun?) of snow coming? Euro verifying 30+ would be gr8

Coming down real hard here. There's about 3-4 inches down now. It's been snowing since about 11AM. I wasn't sure if the snow was going to be this far south but it sure is. Waiting on the freezing rain tonight now. I can't believe surface temps will warm that much during the day tomorrow with the wind backing from NE to N.

Nice. NE metro down to St Paul and down your way have been in the zone for a while now. Minneapolis barely has any flakes sticking. Huge difference over a very short distance.

This is turning into the early Feb storm. Some 5-7" reports coming out Scott and Dakota Counties. Probably near 5" here based on what is on my deck.

18z GFS.

That band is still there...

acckucherasnowmw.png

I'm a little more concerned for accums up in that area after looking at 18z guidance. Still think those amounts are probably too bullish however. Also the exact placement of the band is uncertain. It could snow heavy after changeover whereever it sets up given strong forcing and lift in place. We officially have up to 1" in the grids near the WI border, but a few inches are possible mainly on grassy surfaces.

I'm a little more concerned for accums up in that area after looking at 18z guidance. Still think those amounts are probably too bullish however. Also the exact placement of the band is uncertain. It could snow heavy after changeover whereever it sets up given strong forcing and lift in place. We officially have up to 1" in the grids near the WI border, but a few inches are possible mainly on grassy surfaces.

If it's worth anything temps have not risen at all today and now it's down to 35°. I would imagine the ground/soil temps are not too warm up this way.

I see the front is still hanging around Kankakee at this hour.

:lol:

You start a winter storm thread and you don't want snow! Spring snow helps the grass green up.

Yeah I started it on the basis of rain and some snow somewhere, and the precip amounts have been pretty consistent throughout....

This winter has been such a bust that I'm already focused on thunder.  

Light wet snow falling in Scarborough. When is this forecast to transition to freezing rain? Thinking tomorrow morning's commute might be dicey.

12z on the GFS and 6z on the NAM which starts as sleet, then to ice between 9z-12z. 

HRRR by 10z.

Archived