Newest Member
    joxey
March 23-24 System

RyanDe680

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics, thanks for documenting.

It was amazing to witness. I rode it out in Grand Valley then we explored the area yesterday. Found areas near Orangeville with 3-4cm of ice by yesterday afternoon. Hard to imagine how much accretion there actually was before it started melting.

If those winds actually hit it probably would have been a catastrophe.

Nice pics!   :thumbsup:

Thanks! Something which couldn't be captured on film was as it was unfolding late Thursday. I wasn't actually planning on heading up to Dufferin County, it happened on the fly when my work lost power and I was scoping near the Wellington County line. Endless transformer explosions lighting up the sky, then entering total darkness driving through town after town dodging trees on the roads, etc. Attempting to navigate Fergus/Elora in pitch black with debris littering the road is something I will never forget. Then there was seeing trees crashed onto houses in my headlights. It felt apocalyptic. I'd stop the car, roll down the windows and listen, nothing but the snapping of trees falling apart. Then after arriving in Grand Valley in the dark, laying in bed all night listening to the trees coming down. It's something where you had to be there and no picture of a broken tree will ever do justice.

Thanks! Something which couldn't be captured on film was as it was unfolding late Thursday. I wasn't actually planning on heading up to Dufferin County, it happened on the fly when my work lost power and I was scoping near the Wellington County line. Endless transformer explosions lighting up the sky, then entering total darkness driving through town after town dodging trees on the roads, etc. Attempting to navigate Fergus/Elora in pitch black with debris littering the road is something I will never forget. Then there was seeing trees crashed onto houses in my headlights. It felt apocalyptic. I'd stop the car, roll down the windows and listen, nothing but the snapping of trees falling apart. Then after arriving in Grand Valley in the dark, laying in bed all night listening to the trees coming down. It's something where you had to be there and no picture of a broken tree will ever do justice.

Damn

Damn

Yeah it was crazy. If anyone was following me on Twitter at the time I actually got stuck on 11 between 9 and 109 on Dufferin County around midnight. The highway was a sheet of ice, fog was so thick I could barely see anything and trees and hydro lines were on the road. The OPP had to get me out then they closed that stretch.

Archived