Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 23-24 System

RyanDe680

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! My family and I were fortunate enough to find a great house and a bunch of land up here on the ridge. Moved from the Gaylord NWS office to La Crosse back in September. The weather up here (about 700 feet above the valley floor) is just awesome...always windy and colder than down below. 

Grass is covered now. Agree about temps being a little on the cooler side. No real surprise given the strength of that high and airmass the past few days up across southern Canada. Down to 29° here at the house.

attachicon.gifsideyard.jpg

Got to be up by NWS or off 33?  Nice view.  I'm north of you by the airport.   My brother lives right off 33 up on the bluff.   Don't you love the roads in this town?  Lang Drive?   :)

Its either letting up or its turning to liquid here. 

Thanks! My family and I were fortunate enough to find a great house and a bunch of land up here on the ridge. Moved from the Gaylord NWS office to La Crosse back in September. The weather up here (about 700 feet above the valley floor) is just awesome...always windy and colder than down below. 

Grass is covered now. Agree about temps being a little on the cooler side. No real surprise given the strength of that high and airmass the past few days up across southern Canada. Down to 29° here at the house.

Glad it worked out for you.

Are you tired of snow? I'd guess you took a 75% hit in annual snowfall.

Not even from the area, but wow NWSGaylord must not have seen the 12z suite! Most models depicting >12inches for that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's progress, they started at 4-6 inches a couple days ago with the same model outputs. Nothing has changed QPF for the region.

Just saw the blizzard warnings in WI. 

Green Bay NWS: 

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREEN BAY HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD

WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 1 PM CDT THURSDAY.

DOOR-OUTAGAMIE-BROWN-KEWAUNEE-WINNEBAGO-CALUMET-MANITOWOC-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...STURGEON BAY...FISH CREEK...
SISTER BAY...APPLETON...GREEN BAY...KEWAUNEE...LUXEMBURG...
OSHKOSH...NEENAH...MENASHA...CHILTON...BRILLION...NEW HOLSTEIN...
MANITOWOC...TWO RIVERS

Archived