joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 23-24 System

RyanDe680

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GRR and APX have already issued WWAs and Warnings; way ahead of BOU for NE Colo (less than 12 hours until flakes fly) and all the way to GRB.

:whistle:

My cousin who moved out there from SE WI has noticed that they pull watches and advisories a bit late in the game compared to back home. Sometimes, but not always. 

18z NAM forecast sounding for Madison at 9z Thursday.  I'm not sure what precip type would be occurring should this verify...the warm layer is easily warm enough to allow for full melting, but the cold/refreeze layer may be just enough for sleet if you believe this. 

post-14-0-74435000-1458681301_thumb.png

The frontal position really isn't gonna make a significant difference unless talking about temps.

Yes... the farther south it gets, the longer it will take to get back north into Chicagoland.  The 12z ECMWF really didn't even get it back north to Chicago, though that could change depending on surface low track.

Yes... the farther south it gets, the longer it will take to get back north into Chicagoland.  The 12z ECMWF really didn't even get it back north to Chicago, though that could change depending on surface low track.

Saw this from the GRB discussion.

Front is into Milwaukee now. 38° at Sheboygan, 43° at UWM, and still 55° at MKE.

From Green Bay NWS 

.UPDATE...

ISSUED AT 606 PM CDT TUE MAR 22 2016

HAVE NOTICED THE LATEST RAP AND HRRR RUNS ARE SLOWER TO DEVELOP

PCPN...AND SHOW INITIAL DEVELOPMENT OCCURRING S OF THE FCST AREA.

WL NEED TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK BEFORE DETERMINING WHETHER OR NOT

THAT IDEA HAS MERIT AND NEEDS TO BE INCORPORATED INTO THE FCST. 

Is it unrealistic to think/hope that the system pulls down more cold air and possibly more snow to us here in the Bermuda Triangle of synoptic snowstorms in the Midwest?

I think that ship has sailed. 

That's a good name for your area though!

It looks like it bottoms out in the Kankakee metro area at about 12Z on the latest run and then bounces back a bit north to near the Kankakee/Will county line by 14Z.

It looks like it bottoms out in the Kankakee metro area at about 12Z on the latest run and then bounces back a bit north to near the Kankakee/Will county line by 14Z.

Latest HRRR run supports that front position. 

MKE just dropped 12° over the last hour. Front is on its way. Almost to Racine now.

Latest HRRR run supports that front position. 

MKE just dropped 12° over the last hour. Front is on its way. Almost to Racine now.

Sorry, I should have specified that I got that from the latest HRRR run. Unfortunately I only have Wundermap to view ECMWF so it's hard to tell where the front is on there. It does look like it could bottom out somewhere near the Kankakee area at around 12Z, though.

Sorry, I should have specified that I got that from the latest HRRR run. Unfortunately I only have Wundermap to view ECMWF so it's hard to tell where the front is on there. It does look like it could bottom out somewhere near the Kankakee area at around 12Z, though.

Wundermap is brutal. The Euro needs to stop being a premium product, it's publicly funded for petes sake.

I feel like I'm trying to find an elusive nudie online when I search for Euro maps.

EURO had the front coming through here just before 10pm, or at Waukegan/North Chicago at 10pm. It's almost here now, so a little fast. At 1am it should be just south of the Loop, but it looks like it may be into Hoosier's backyard by then.

Wundermap is brutal. The Euro needs to stop being a premium product, it's publicly funded for petes sake.

I feel like I'm trying to find an elusive nudie online when I search for Euro maps.

:lol:

Hey..i use the French Meteociel site to look at the 10 day Euro...my neck is going to need to be operated on from turning my sideways:

http://meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2016032212/ECH1-240.GIF?22-0

NWS showing around a foot here...we'll see. 

Is it unrealistic to think/hope that the system pulls down more cold air and possibly more snow to us here in the Bermuda Triangle of synoptic snowstorms in the Midwest?

You swallowed the hook when GRR reeled you in huh?

Look on the bright side we are only 8 months away from your first real snowfall of the season :lol:

Archived