Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 19/20 Potential Winter Event

stormtracker

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GGEM looks good for this area, but at this range I usually pay more attention to the RGEM, which still has the heaviest strip of snow to our east.  Like many of the other models, the RGEM also appears to have moved towards a stronger coastal with more precip to the west.

Big flakes starting to mix in here, 35 degrees.

The GGEM looks good for this area, but at this range I usually pay more attention to the RGEM, which still has the heaviest strip of snow to our east.  Like many of the other models, the RGEM also appears to have moved towards a stronger coastal with more precip to the west.

Big flakes starting to mix in here, 35 degrees.

RGEM looks pretty decent, esp for my area. In general it looks similar to the Euro with the location of the heavier stripe of qpf, but much more juiced. It implies a few inches of snow here. In the end I think probably the best we can hope for is a slushy inch or so somewhere along or east of I-95. More potential further up the coast.

Just for the heck of it I looked at the EPS. The snowfall mean isnt awful- 2 inches around DC and esp points north and east, and 3" upper eastern shore and northern half of DE. A tiny bit of that in N central MD is from today. Increases northeast into NJ, with around 6" for SE Mass.

Archived