joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 19/20 Potential Winter Event

stormtracker

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm paying attention-- just wanted to see the rest of the 12Z suite come in. 12Z UKMET- a 999 mb low pretty close to the coast directly east of Ocean City MD at 6Z Monday morning. 

Yeah Ukie looked pretty good at 0z. Trending??

The resurrection of the Equinox storm. :P

Wow. I just clicked through the ukie panels. Heh. That's kinda legit. SNE violently approves.

Yeah the Europeans looked good for SNE overnight. And when I saw the Euro had decent qpf just to my east in DE I kinda got re-interested. WB snow maps had 4-5" from SBY up into DE and SNJ. CMC leading the way lol.

Good write up PSU. You make good arguments here and it explained well. I think with a strong El Niño like we have had there are so many moving parts and factors that it's tough on any model. That said though out of all the guidance within 72-96 hours the GFS never had a negative tilt bomb like the euro, ukie or cmc. It actually painted a more proper picture at 500. The front runner being more dominant did come more into the picture yesterday but we shouldn't be terribly surprised as its been happening like this for weeks. I give the nod to the GFS on this one.

I agree 100% and I'm busy at debate state champ tourney but seems there are interesting trends for tomorrow.

Wait...maybe I'm back in..what's this nonsense??

Might be false hope or it might be a trend with the second wave running the coast. Hard to say. Euro had it last night but it was east and weak. Now the cmc/ukie show a much more interesting version...

Only chance you and I have is getting a good dose of ccb. Hope the euro ratchets things up in a few minutes.

Archived