• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 19/20 Potential Winter Event

stormtracker

Just like you said yesterday... there will always be reason to why the Euro is right even know it was not.

I couldn't give a dam which model is more right. This was just my opinion from following the models for the last 5 or 6 days of runs and watching the changes at 500. So leave me out of the model wars.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRRR and RAP arent too enthusiastic about much accumulation during the day today east of the highlands. 12z NAM likes your area. I will say this, the dew point here has dropped from 32 to 27 over the last couple hours, while temp has stayed at 42. Where the heaviest precip is falling, esp later today, surface temps should fall into the low 30s from evap/dynamical cooling, and snow should accumulate. Would not be surprised to see an inch or 2 especially up your way.

I honestly haven't paid much attention to the models, so anything that falls is a general surprise haha. As long it doesn't stick to the roads, I'm cool. Taking the kiddo to party this afternoon, then a much needed night out with friends.

On the bright side less map work for Mappy.

Music to my ears :)

Seriously though, if I have to fix areas it's not a big deal. Map is pretty much done now minus whatever tweaking needs to be done following this weekend. Won't require a compete redo

...and finally a 50-50 mix IMBY at 440' just off RT 15 north of Raspberry Falls. It's the super saturated wet flakes that sound like paintballs smacking into the roof of the car. Just five houses up the hill, a 5min walk to 560', it's a 30-70 mix with giant flakes. Kinda looks like little white kittens falling from the sky.

...and finally a 50-50 mix IMBY at 440' just off RT 15 north of Raspberry Falls. It's the super saturated wet flakes that sound like paintballs smacking into the roof of the car. Just five houses up the hill, a 5min walk to 560', it's a 30-70 mix with giant flakes. Kinda looks like little white kittens falling from the sky.

Snowing cats and....

Some big partially melted flakes here in Wheaton even with my PWS reading 41/35. Altitude is around 330 ft but events like this make me wish I lived in the part of the neighborhood that is above 400.

So 400 feet is getting a paste job? I think you probably need more than another 70 feet..1000 should do it lol.

I have been talking to myself in here all morning about the coastal lol. Everyone is focused on today's mangled flakes. 12z GFS is closer. Euro already had some snow for tomorrow night in DE and SNJ..

I'm paying attention-- just wanted to see the rest of the 12Z suite come in. 12Z UKMET- a 999 mb low pretty close to the coast directly east of Ocean City MD at 6Z Monday morning. 

Archived