• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible 3/20-3/21 Coastal Storm

Zelocita Weather

Just not seeing big snows in Edison Nj off the gfs.

Few slushy inches on Long Island

Eastern Long Island may see low end warning snow on GFS

It's a wrap IMO guys

NW of NYC- grassy dusting

North of 84- 0"

NYC- 1-2 << being generous so I don't get attacked

Western Long Island 2-4

Central Long Island- 3-5

Eastern Long Island 4-7+ << depending on if CCB sets up

I'm pretty excited I'm actually gonna finally see a storm this year, not gonna be the same cause it's not my house, but 1st one of the year and it's in March lmao.. Pathetic

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One inch for the city on the GFS. That's like zero.

i dont think anyone on here actually expects a snowstorm in Manhattan tomorrow...i hope most people can see that was never on the table.

Eastern Queens has the best shot of seeing anything from this system, out by Douglaston and Cunningham Park. I could see some slushy accumulations there. But the urban areas have no shot, and they never really did.

So we can stop posting about it.

Bought into those crappy euro runs a couple days ago. Now it looks like I won't even get a inch. Laughing stock of a winter besides the blizzard, and yes I understand this would have been a bonus. Night.

I can't wait for everyone to hug the GGEM when it prints out a blizzard in 5 min.. Cause you know it's gonna lmao

I can't wait for everyone to hug the GGEM when it prints out a blizzard in 5 min.. Cause you know it's gonna lmao

Yeah, and then the UKMET will probably help back it up. Then we will all be happy again until the Euro completely destroys any remaining hope.

The GFS snow map shows closer to 2 for NYC. Remember that since it falls at night, all of it will accumulate on colder surfaces at least. We're catching a break that it's not during the day.

Dude, GFS NYC is .2"........ That falls over like a 6-8 hour period.... NO way that's accumulating, a dusting on cars? And grass? Yea probably.. But it's white rain.. Precip is just WAY to light... Your melting process rates alone wouldn't support 2" of snow on .2 LE over an 8hr period

Bought into those crappy euro runs a couple days ago. Now it looks like I won't even get a inch. Laughing stock of a winter besides the blizzard, and yes I understand this would have been a bonus. Night.

Huh? There is not 1 model right now that shows Union County getting less than an inch. 

Dude, GFS NYC is .2"........ That falls over like a 6-8 hour period.... NO way that's accumulating, a dusting on cars? And grass? Yea probably.. But it's white rain.. Precip is just WAY to light... Your melting process rates alone wouldn't support 2" of snow on .2 LE over an 8hr period

If the temp is down to 32 and there is no sun angle to deal with, I don't see why light snow wouldn't accumulate on colder surfaces. GFS shows the least precip anyway. Hopefully NAM is more accurate. RGEM was a little better than GFS too. 

Ya never know lol.....I actually don't think it's going to this time around.. My guess is that the heavy band it has been showing NW of NYC will be about 75-100 miles further south

If the temp is down to 32 and there is no sun angle to deal with, I don't see why light snow wouldn't accumulate on colder surfaces. GFS shows the least precip anyway. Hopefully NAM is more accurate. RGEM was a little better than GFS too.

Because we were close to 70 yesterday and surface temps are warm.

Because the only surfaces that are gonna be cold enough to accumulate .2" over 8hrs is an ice cold car...

Because we were close to 70 yesterday and surface temps are warm.

70°? Not around here. Yesterday was chilly, cloudy, and windy, with on and off showers.

Anyway Thunder, you need decent rates in order to get a snow layer down. It's just not cold enough for light snow to get the job done because it will keep melting on contact. Cars may be an exception like UlsterCountySnowz said. On the other hand, if it was January or February and really cold, then yeah, you can get little sugar coatings to accumulate, as I've seen plenty of times this year.

Archived