Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2016 Spring/Summer Banter, Complaint, Whining Thread

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did you get the 12"'er?

Oh no.... more of a taco lover.

Have you been to Grand Marais and eaten at the Breakwall Bakery? It's a gem.

I know that is a ways from you, but I also know that 100 miles to a Yooper is like 10 miles is to us.

Oh no.... more of a taco lover.

Have you been to Grand Marais and eaten at the Breakwall Bakery? It's a gem.

I know that is a ways from you, but I also know that 100 miles to a Yooper is like 10 miles is to us.

I rarely go east of Munising anymore unless I'm heading downstate, which doesn't happen all that often.  next time your through Negaunee, stop at Mid-town Bakery and Café.  that's where I shot the hail video.  the food is all from scratch, and probably some of the best around.

Sweet hail video.

Saw some small hail in one thunderstorm this season back on the spring, but that's about it.

I've seen one thunderstorm with pure hail (that covered the ground) and one quick rain shower that produced pure hail.

Other than that, there were maybe a handful of other times at best where hail stones were mixed in with the rain. 

Going to be in Washington State for awhile starting next week trying to see if I can land a job in my field out there. Might be back in the Midwest by winter if things don't go well. Around here I haven't seen much entry level work  since graduation and it doesn't seem to be improving. You'll still see me around often enough.  :) 

Going to be in Washington State for awhile starting next week trying to see if I can land a job in my field out there. Might be back in the Midwest by winter if things don't go well. Around here I haven't seen much entry level work  since graduation and it doesn't seem to be improving. You'll still see me around often enough.  :)

Good luck with your job search!

If you don't mind me asking, what field are you trying to go into?

Sounds exciting! I hope you can find work.

Going to be in Washington State for awhile starting next week trying to see if I can land a job in my field out there. Might be back in the Midwest by winter if things don't go well. Around here I haven't seen much entry level work since graduation and it doesn't seem to be improving. You'll still see me around often enough. :)

Awesome man! Safe travels.

Hate to see another IL member go, but best of luck out there!   :beer:

Good luck with your job search!

If you don't mind me asking, what field are you trying to go into?

Thanks.

Geology or environmental. Been trying to get into state agencies for awhile now in the Midwest. Just a lack of entry level work to get my foot in the door in the Great Lakes/Midwest. Now there is mid level work in the area; has been since I graduated, but it's out of reach since I lack the experience.

East and south really don't appeal to me - so I'm looking west.

If all else fails, it might be grad school after all.

Don't tell me Mt Geos may no longer be represented. :(

Good luck man.

Hate to see another IL member go, but best of luck out there!   :beer:

Thanks. ;) Well I can get reports from my family still here at least. So their will be reports from time to time.

I got my eye on the Midwest still (and Colorado), I just think I can get my foot in the door faster somewhere in WA.

Having family there will make it a bit easier getting used to the place more. Will definitely miss the area...if the move does end up being permanent.

Going to be in Washington State for awhile starting next week trying to see if I can land a job in my field out there. Might be back in the Midwest by winter if things don't go well. Around here I haven't seen much entry level work since graduation and it doesn't seem to be improving. You'll still see me around often enough. :)

Good luck Geos! It's beautiful country out there no doubt. And if things go well and you stay out there, just remember to turn that damn snow magnet off before you leave. Some of us would like a fighting chance this winter!

Good luck Geos! It's beautiful country out there no doubt. And if things go well and you stay out there, just remember to turn that damn snow magnet off before you leave. Some of us would like a fighting chance this winter!

Thanks.

:lol:

I'll be east of Seattle up against the mountains. Not the snowiest area, but the foothills do see more snow than areas near the water.

If I am there this winter... it's a la Nina winter, so it could be interesting.

Have you purchased a Russell Wilson jersey yet?  B)

:lol: , no. I sort of follow football. I'll stay as a Packers fan.

I follow the national weather more than I do the NFL actually. 

I'm staying with family for a bit, who are Seahawks fans, so it could be interesting!

Archived