Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Last gasp of Winter "Events" part 1 of 2 Obs

ChescoWx

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9am: Still snowing lightly, 33°, D.P. 30°, wind NNE 5mph, peak gust today 15mph@7:14am. So how much? 6.4". Between the snow board and three other good spots, 6.4". Never would have thought this much. Would estimate roads 75% covered with 1/2" or so. Amazing!

9am: Still snowing lightly, 33°, D.P. 30°, wind NNE 5mph, peak gust today 15mph@7:14am. So how much? 6.4". Between the snow board and three other good spots, 6.4". Never would have thought this much. Would estimate roads 75% covered with 1/2" or so. Amazing!

The radar over your area has been very good (dark echoes) but I thought maybe in the 4" range....6.4"..damn! 

The radar over your area has been very good (dark echoes) but I thought maybe in the 4" range....6.4"..damn! 

10am: Still snowing lightly and nicely but 34°. Did get to 6.5" about 9:30am but it's starting to compress and that was-nice radar is showing the end at hand. CAN NOT COMPLAIN! Way over-performer here. Yea "damn" is how I feel! Ok, now it's time to go "play" by cleaning off the wife's car. Lovin' it!!

It seems to me that all calls (including TV mets) for no more accumulating snow this season after March 5 are pretty bold.   Most years see accumulations after that date.    Snow has fallen in the past as late as late April.   While the next week is a no show, chances could improve later in the month and April can be good for a surprise shot.

It seems to me that all calls (including TV mets) for no more accumulating snow this season after March 5 are pretty bold. Most years see accumulations after that date. Snow has fallen in the past as late as late April. While the next week is a no show, chances could improve later in the month and April can be good for a surprise shot.

Based on current extended forecast from model runs their call makes perfect sense.

It seems to me that all calls (including TV mets) for no more accumulating snow this season after March 5 are pretty bold.   Most years see accumulations after that date.    Snow has fallen in the past as late as late April.   While the next week is a no show, chances could improve later in the month and April can be good for a surprise shot.

Eric Horst from Millersville University tweeted yesterday about the potential for late season snow sometime later this month. 

I have family in eastern Monmouth NJ that have gotten blitzed by a mini "deathband". Jealous as heck too Monmouth county the friggin snow capital of the region does it again, they hate snow too  :lol:

Yup, even western Monmouth, 4.1" here. The am death band matched the blizzard in intensity for about an hour and a half. Nice event with snow cover lasting into the afternoon today. Not much left now though, March sun angle.

Archived