Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Early/Mid December 2016

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 degrees in the backyard this morning. Probably going to miss dipping into the teens, but it doesn't really matter. Even if I would have covered them, at 12 degrees below freezing, my hyacinths and tulips that came up early would have probably been toast anyway...

Latest Euro & GFS bring 2-3 inches of snow for most of our region

This Saturday morning. Timing looks to be pretty good, with most of it

coming overnight to the first half of the day.

I look forward to tracking this possible last chance of snow over the next couple of days.

This is actually a legit shot, too. Horst tweeted yesterday a map showing the southern third of PA as possibly getting a period of steady, accumulating snow tomorrow night/Saturday morning. 

My NWS point and click is showing "snow likely" tomorrow night. 

This is actually a legit shot, too. Horst tweeted yesterday a map showing the southern third of PA as possibly getting a period of steady, accumulating snow tomorrow night/Saturday morning. 

My NWS point and click is showing "snow likely" tomorrow night. 

since i don't want any, it'll probably snow. 

Moderate to heavy rain in Harrisburg, practice wash out!

18Z Nam gives 5.5" of snow for MDT by 18Z Saturday afternoon.  18Z GFS gives 3"

Are we looking at WWA's coming out tomorrow afternoon?  Quite the snowy runs from both. 

I've seen snow more than this later in April in the past, but it  doesn't happen very often, for sure.

Looks like MDT will crack 40" for this season from this forecasted snow.

****ALEET*****ALEET******

0Z NAM shows WSW-criteria event for LSV with 6-8" areawide.  Not that I'm expecting this, but what the model is showing reminds me vividly of the April 6th-7th storm, 34 years ago way back in 1982 when north jersey and NYC received 9" of snow accompanied with record low temperatures that dropped down to 21 degrees at Central Park and dipped down to 16 degrees at my house in Chatham (Morris County).  That was the biggest, latest snow event of my life with nothing like that having ever occurred since (meaning 6"+ event after April 7th).

Should be a pretty wild morning her come Saturday.  Stay tuned...

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

big question on the storm though. given that the path of the system, according to the rough consensus of models to this point, is near the main stem of the PA Turnpike, how much will the storm be charged as a toll once it crosses the Delaware River Bridge? because roughly between I-80 and the turnpike, you're right canderson, Momma Nature is telling PA they're #1 South Philly style.

big question on the storm though. given that the path of the system, according to the rough consensus of models to this point, is near the main stem of the PA Turnpike, how much will the storm be charged as a toll once it crosses the Delaware River Bridge? because roughly between I-80 and the turnpike, you're right canderson, Momma Nature is telling PA they're #1 South Philly style.

Are you saying that those areas have the best chance at a significant accumulation?

Are you saying that those areas have the best chance at a significant accumulation?

if the latest data is close, yea. not saying it will significantly accumulate on the roads (pretty unlikely except on bridges/overpasses), but grassy areas, I can be pretty sure on at least a couple of inches.

if the latest data is close, yea. not saying it will significantly accumulate on the roads (pretty unlikely except on bridges/overpasses), but grassy areas, I can be pretty sure on at least a couple of inches.

Yeah, forecast high (as of now anyway) for my location is 37 degrees. It would be tough to accumulate at that temperature even in mid January, let alone April. Too bad it's not going to be 22 like it was when I was in Albany this past Monday. At that temp, the snow I ran into accumulated on EVERYTHING despite being April.

Archived