• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Early/Mid December 2016

Dont throw any bricks yet....if you compare todays 12z from yesterday, you'll notice its ticked notably NW.  A tick or 2 further, and many in CPA would be into the good stuff.

TRENDS....TRENDS!!  Cant look at the model verbatim.  500MB looks to be following suit and in a decent spot (assuming a couple ticks NW given the pattern as depicted).  

No worries, by Wednesday/Thurs you'll be laying in the sun w/ the leftover snow tanning your underside....

Nut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm expecting nothing, but at this point of the year, that's okay. Whole winter has been off in one way or another, add in fact it's late March, odds are highly against it.

Except odds don't control the weather. The right set up can and will produce, especially in your area.

Not comparing this in ANY way to 3/13/1993, but try telling folks in Birmingham, Alabama that they were in line for 11" of snow that day. 

Point being, it's been a horrific winter up your way and it's been pretty much full-on spring the past couple of weeks, but don't dismiss this based on any of that. Your back might remind you of that fact come Monday morning.  :lmao:

Looking at the Euro map that was posted elsewhere, I feel like I was knocking on the door and someone opened it, but I just haven't been able to get over the threshold yet...

But anyway. 6-9 wouldn't be a bad thing. As for elevation, I sit at 825' so perhaps that'll help some.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes...It's me! I broke my big toe so I'm off work at the moment, so I don't care if it snows as I don't have to navigate 70 foot of tractor trailer through it. Other than that, even though I love warm temperatures and summer weather, I'm still a sucker for the chase, AND if we can get a major storm, then I'm usually in!

Do we need to call a toe truck for you>?...:)

Bernie Rayno says "maybe a few inches, possibly 3-6" as far west as Harrisburg.

He's pretty confident that New England will get a major snowstorm, not as sure about DC, Philly, NYC.

http://videowall.accuweather.com/detail/videos/trending-now/video/4805722386001/snowstorm-for-new-england-perhaps-for-mid-atlantic-as-well?autoStart=true&q=RAYNO

Eric Horst says "still too early to say, perhaps a plowable snow if just the right track".

http://www.atmos.millersville.edu/~wic/SWD-latest.html

I just reviewed the 12z Euro EPS Ensemble.

The main cluster of low locations of the 51 members is west of

The EPS mean & west of the Euro Op. run from 12z.

The mean puts the I-81 corridor state wide in the bullseye

for the best snow with 6-8 inches. Further north & West of I -81, the

Mean shows 3-5 inches.

I counted almost 40 of the 51 ensemble members that give most of the region at least a few inches. Many members put the 1-81 corridor in the 10 or more inch range.

This type of storm in is the Euro's wheelhouse.

I just reviewed the 12z Euro EPS Ensemble.

The main cluster of low locations of the 51 members is west of

The EPS mean & west of the Euro Op. run from 12z.

The mean puts the I-81 corridor state wide in the bullseye

for the best snow with 6-8 inches. Further north & West of I -81, the

Mean shows 3-5 inches.

I counted almost 40 of the 51 ensemble members that give most of the region at least a few inches. Many members put the 1-81 corridor in the 10 or more inch range.

This type of storm in is the Euro's wheelhouse.

Wow...thanks for the analysis. Since I have no access to the euro, I really appreciate it!

Archived