Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Early/Mid December 2016

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

38.1 degrees here with very light snow/rain mix and maybe a little sleet at times.  It looks like the action is better and colder east of here out in Harrisburg.  Temps in that area are closer to 35 degrees.

Pretty amazing day today with 69 degrees with sunshine at 1:00pm followed by the cold-front around 1:30 with a rapid temp drop totaling 30 degrees reaching 39 by 4:30 followed by rain changing to sleet and then mixed with snow through 7:00pm.  Winds gusted to 30mph with the passage.

Summer to Winter in less than 4 hours.

Looks like pretty strong winds all day long tomorrow with temps only reaching the low 40's.  What a shock to the system?

9 hours ago, Voyager said:

Not quite Scranton/WB, but I was at a concert at Penn's Peak just north of Jim Thorpe and there was 1-2 inches on the grass, and a slushy half to one inch on the pavement when we left. Here at home in Tamaqua, about a half inch on the grass.

hey bud.  how is penns peak?  I've seen concerts advertised, and have never made it up there?

And regarding yesterdays full on 180 on the Tmometer....that was nuts...but cool as sh!t.  70 to 40 in no time flat.

Nut

57 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

hey bud.  how is penns peak?  I've seen concerts advertised, and have never made it up there?

And regarding yesterdays full on 180 on the Tmometer....that was nuts...but cool as sh!t.  70 to 40 in no time flat.

Nut

Penn's Peak is a great place for a show. They have a nice restaurant so you can have dinner beforehand. The staff is friendly, and traffic isn't a problem.

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Trees down all over there this morning. I know three different people who had their cars hit by falling trees overnight. 

Its been a long time since we had wind like that for that length of time. Seemed like the fans were on non stop from Saturday at 5pm until this morning.  

Archived