• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Early/Mid December 2016

29 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I like them too honestly. I love falls days like this, splitting firewood, a burn barrel cleaning up the mess. And a cold beer near by sittin on the John Deere. 

and I thought I was the only whacko that enjoyed this "dull" fall weather.  Glad to be in the company of you and canderson.  Seeing weatherfella just HONKIN on a big winter incoming makes me giddy...especially after last years ratter (I mean statewide as a whole- I know I did better than some.)  I want us all to be in the actiion, especially central and northern locals that have industries/business that rely on it.

Looking forward to smelling the leaves after a rain :).

Nut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

Cloudy, breezy, and cool. Finally! Loving this weather. 

5 hours ago, canderson said:

Today is PERFECT to me. Dark clouds, slight breeze, low 60s. I LOVE this weather - I should really move to Scotland.

4 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I like them too honestly. I love falls days like this, splitting firewood, a burn barrel cleaning up the mess. And a cold beer near by sittin on the John Deere. 

Ugh...and here I am freezing and depressed... :(

4 hours ago, pasnownut said:

and I thought I was the only whacko that enjoyed this "dull" fall weather.  Glad to be in the company of you and canderson.  Seeing weatherfella just HONKIN on a big winter incoming makes me giddy...especially after last years ratter (I mean statewide as a whole- I know I did better than some.)  I want us all to be in the actiion, especially central and northern locals that have industries/business that rely on it.

Nut

Can we finally get a 12+" snowstorm up here? Hasn't happened since 2/7/10...

5 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Nut

After January 22-23-24, 2016, this winter can be a shutout and I'm not going to complain much.

13 hours ago, canderson said:

After January 22-23-24, 2016, this winter can be a shutout and I'm not going to complain much.

Yeah a special event for sure.  South of 76 really cant complain, even though we found ways to snow at times when it didnt look like it should.  I guess I'd just like to see normal climo (and a -NAO once in a while) and would let the chips (or flakes) fall where they may.  

Nut 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Looks like Thursday through late Friday, a good chunk of this subforum is going to see substantial rain. More closer to the MD line, but very wet all over.

lets hope.  The 12 minutes I got last night just lessened the dust on the ride to work this morning....

Nut

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Looks like Thursday through late Friday, a good chunk of this subforum is going to see substantial rain. More closer to the MD line, but very wet all over.

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

lets hope.  The 12 minutes I got last night just lessened the dust on the ride to work this morning....

Nut

We had a brief downpour, lasted 2 1/2 minutes. it just kind of misted 

I hope its out by Saturday morning. Its been dry all friggin year and the day we want to have a yard sale it rains.

4 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

The north-south plume of moisture seems eerily similar to Lee a few years ago. In that instance, the plume extended north out of Maryland through Lancaster and Lebanon counties, where this time it appears as if it will be west of that. 

I'm not liking the sounds of that. 

53 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

The north-south plume of moisture seems eerily similar to Lee a few years ago. In that instance, the plume extended north out of Maryland through Lancaster and Lebanon counties, where this time it appears as if it will be west of that. 

I was going to say the exact same thing. This looks to be JUST LIKE Lee's moisture system but maybe 30-50 miles west.

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

I'd expect 2"-4" in harrisburg area, but someone in south central pa is going to see double that. Someone around DC will hit 10"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be a really nice soaking rain for a lot of this subforum, which is much-needed. Hopefully the heavy bands set up in higher areas with a limited population so flash flooding isn't too bad.

Archived