• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Early/Mid December 2016

18 hours ago, canderson said:

39 for MDT, but I think Cap City is at 41 currently.

then we don't need another, we should stick with 41. We turned our air back on last night, it was really humid. 

also http://www.capitalcityfirephotos.com/2016-Photo-Stories/9-12-16-Lemoyne-PA-Hummel-Ave/i-N4TxfBK

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

then we don't need another, we should stick with 41. We turned our air back on last night, it was really humid. 

also http://www.capitalcityfirephotos.com/2016-Photo-Stories/9-12-16-Lemoyne-PA-Hummel-Ave/i-N4TxfBK

It's already a furnace out today - we'll set an all-time record high.

Those photos are crazy. I was in Lemoyne yesterday and will say it smelled so nice, with all the burnt wood. :/ I'm very happy there were no injuries and the firefighters were able to save the surrounding businesses - amazing work.

15 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

sauss, did you get to g on the 2nd or 3rd alarm or backfill anyone?  

Our Rescue went on 2nd alarm. I live across street from firehouse and didn't make rig, they were out the door in seconds with 10 guys. Our Township was stripped so neither of our Engines went, we covered our township. 

12 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Our Rescue went on 2nd alarm. I live across street from firehouse and didn't make rig, they were out the door in seconds with 10 guys. Our Township was stripped so neither of our Engines went, we covered our township. 

Damn.  Hopefully you got to run something that night.  Currently joining Reisterstown FD in Baltimore County.  Can't wait to run on I-795, MD 140 & MD 30.

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Is it really going to rain most of Sunday? I am not seeing anything that brings us rain, yet the Weather Channel says 100% chance all day?

Your first mistake is trusting the Wx Channel.

On 9/15/2016 at 8:12 PM, Eskimo Joe said:

Damn.  Hopefully you got to run something that night.  Currently joining Reisterstown FD in Baltimore County.  Can't wait to run on I-795, MD 140 & MD 30.

My son in law applied and tested with the Baltimore FD. He got called for an interview so not sure where it goes from there, or where he is, or will be, on the eligibility list. 

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

My son in law applied and tested with the Baltimore FD. He got called for an interview so not sure where it goes from there, or where he is, or will be, on the eligibility list. 

Two random questions:

1) how is mom

2) I've seen a lot of trailers now that have these wing-looking doors on the back, not the normal doors but ones that look like they go over those. What are they?

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Two random questions:

1) how is mom

2) I've seen a lot of trailers now that have these wing-looking doors on the back, not the normal doors but ones that look like they go over those. What are they?

1) Mom is doing pretty good all things considered. She says she is gaining weight back that she lost, and drives herself to some of her doctor appointments. I feel a little bit better, but still wish I was out there for her, but that's a whole other story.

2) They are called "Trailer Tails". Supposedly they reduce the wind drag on the back of the trailer and allow for a little bit of extra fuel economy. I've not yet pulled a trailer with one, but a lot of drivers I've talked to hate them.

10 hours ago, Voyager said:

1) Mom is doing pretty good all things considered. She says she is gaining weight back that she lost, and drives herself to some of her doctor appointments. I feel a little bit better, but still wish I was out there for her, but that's a whole other story.

2) They are called "Trailer Tails". Supposedly they reduce the wind drag on the back of the trailer and allow for a little bit of extra fuel economy. I've not yet pulled a trailer with one, but a lot of drivers I've talked to hate them.

Thanks - glad she is doing better!

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Got .01" rain. Far cry from the heavy rain predicted ...

Well something happened overnight. The radar looked so crappy when I made my last post I didn't expect to see more than about a tenth of an inch. So far this morning I have 1.19 in the gauge and more to come.

35 minutes ago, canderson said:

Today is PERFECT to me. Dark clouds, slight breeze, low 60s. I LOVE this weather - I should really move to Scotland.

I like them too honestly. I love falls days like this, splitting firewood, a burn barrel cleaning up the mess. And a cold beer near by sittin on the John Deere. 

Archived