Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Early/Mid December 2016

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured that it might be time to update the thread title haha. I can't believe this thread has stayed well under 1000 posts this long.. I started this back at the beginning of March with a snow map.

At any rate hope everyone has had a good summer, I've been fairly busy and it's been relatively quiet summer on the severe weather front. The tropics are starting to look fairly interesting though. TS Hermine might be the first hurricane of any strength to strike the US mainland since 2012 (Sandy). As it moves up the coast, it may bring some rainfall associated with the system itself to primarily the southeast portion of PA. Don't think much will get deeper into PA than that, as tonight's frontal passage is coming through a bit quick to allow a more moisture laden track directly into C-PA. 

5 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

Figured that it might be time to update the thread title haha. I can't believe this thread has stayed well under 1000 posts this long.. I started this back at the beginning of March with a snow map.

At any rate hope everyone has had a good summer, I've been fairly busy and it's been relatively quiet summer on the severe weather front. The tropics are starting to look fairly interesting though. TS Hermine might be the first hurricane of any strength to strike the US mainland since 2012 (Sandy). As it moves up the coast, it may bring some rainfall associated with the system itself to primarily the southeast portion of PA. Don't think much will get deeper into PA than that, as tonight's frontal passage is coming through a bit quick to allow a more moisture laden track directly into C-PA. 

Actually Hurricane Arthur in 2014 made landfall in North Carolina as a category 2 storm.

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

I hope so.

need a break from broken record.  REAL dry up north this past weekend.  Pine at near record levels (.02" away w/ little rain in sight).

did see 49 for a low though...:)

Nut

Thats sad. Better get some rain and some snow or they'll have a severe threat for wild fires. 

7 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

1"-3"+ from this 10mi wide band. CTP had an update at 1030 pm saying this was due to an instability gradient with low level moisture convergence

43f66dcaab9e8984e7032f4b675d41e2.jpgfa5d3cead4cfeacaf7ffb07b76328fac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh it sounded great, but as of 11pm i didn't have a drop of rain in Summerdale. Now this morning there is puddles so it did rain at some point after i fell asleep. 

We kind of got lucky and picked up a quarter inch of rain overnight. Not sure if there was any lightning involved with it, though, as I slept through whatever came through. That's the first appreciable rainfall so far for September as it's been ridiculously dry here since the beginning of the month. We only had  0.07" since the 1st.

The past two night have featured temperatures holding into the low and mid 70's (74 and 72 respectively) which is pretty impressive, to me anyway, considering the fact that there is significantly more darkness time as we've lost about 2 hours of daytime heating with the earlier/later sunset/sunrise times.

8 hours ago, canderson said:

sauss, were you at tonight's fire in Lemoyne? 

For nonlocals, a lumber yard caught fire. It's MASSIVE - I can see flames 3 miles away on the other side of the river. 

I live across the street from the Firehouse and NO i didn't make the rig. They went responding on dispatch with 10 firefighters. i could have bumped a younger member, but i don't do that. I stayed back to cover our other rigs with 8 other guys. 

Went to 3rd alarm and i think i total of 5 buildings destroyed 

fire 1.jpg

Archived