• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Early/Mid December 2016

On 8/13/2016 at 11:55 PM, Voyager said:

OK, quick question. How many of you have me on ignore since I'm a warm weather lover and most of you love winter, snow, and cold? Lately nothing I post seems to be of interest to garnish a reply, let alone initiate some sort of discussion.

you been around a long time, you understand how this works. Unless of course the heat has affected your thinking. :D no need to go off the deep end yet, save that for when we're getting pummeled with snow and you're 38 and rain showers:blink::raining::snowing::pimp:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sauss06 said:

you been around a long time, you understand how this works. Unless of course the heat has affected your thinking. :D no need to go off the deep end yet, save that for when we're getting pummeled with snow and you're 38 and rain showers:blink::raining::snowing::pimp:

:lmao:

Line of storms blew through here quick a few minutes ago. The main show lasted all of 10 minutes. They were some really fast movers...

9 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

Lost power for 3 hours earlier from the late afternoon storms. Wicked CTG lightning and some strong winds. Damage reported to a few homes and barns here in my local township. 

the earlier storm stayed south of Harrisburg a bit, it looked like it was packing a punch.

seeing upper 50's in the midweek forecast for next week.

Good God I hope so.  I don't pray for anything that's not worthy of mention ....but the temptation is starting to get the best of me.

I've had enough.....and I'm getting rammy.  I want out of this living hell....

for those that enjoy....hope your happy.  

signed,

Anxious for Autumn

(Nut)

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

seeing upper 50's in the midweek forecast for next week.

Good God I hope so.  I don't pray for anything that's not worthy of mention ....but the temptation is starting to get the best of me.

I've had enough.....and I'm getting rammy.  I want out of this living hell....

for those that enjoy....hope your happy.  

signed,

Anxious for Autumn

(Nut)

+1

I'm fine with winter not starting soon but I am looking forward to nights in the low 50s or even 40s and highs in the mid 60s to low 70s.

1 hour ago, WEATHERBUFF said:

I think your area and further south might torch but your average highs are around 80 until mid September.

Our average high for Sept. 15 is 76. On Sept. 30 it's 70.

This year I bet we hit 90 at least 5 more times in September. We're at 32 days of 90+ now, today will be 33 and tomorrow, Sunday and Monday will make it 36. Our average is 20, we're at the 2nd hottest August ever (and have a shot at hitting #1).

It's beyond miserable.

Just now, canderson said:

Our average high for Sept. 15 is 76. On Sept. 30 it's 70.

This year I bet we hit 90 at least 5 more times in September. We're at 32 days of 90+ now, today will be 33 and tomorrow, Sunday and Monday will make it 36. Our average is 20, we're at the 2nd hottest August ever (and have a shot at hitting #1).

It's beyond miserable.

Yeah it does seem that the Harrisburg and philly area have been extra hot probably all the way up to the Avoca Wilkes Barre area.

Many of you may know (or not know) but a tradition dating back to eastern days (maybe longer?) has been an NFL pick em contest run in the sports forum.  The schedule for each week is posted typically sometime on Tuesday and participants quote the post, bold the teams they think will win, predict a tiebreaker score for the Monday night game, and the weekly/season standings are then posted on Tuesday as well.  This contest is free.  

However, last year we introduced a pay pick-em league.  This league is run using yahoo and at the end of the season the top 3 people win money (65% for 1st, 25% for 2nd, 10% for 3rd).  We are hoping to get as many people as possible to join...the more people the higher the payouts.  We will also be doing weekly winners with that payout all dependent on how many are signed up...but think $10 per week unless we have a ton of sign-ups.  

Anyways if you're interested further details are in the pinned thread on the sports side...below is the link

Archived