Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Early/Mid December 2016

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, skiier04 said:

Finally a nice soaker here in SC. Been getting poured on for nearly an hour now with frequent thunder.

I just drove through that coming back from Philly. There was some street flooding on South Atherton; I saw one car stuck in the right lane with at least 6" of water.

11 hours ago, heavy_wx said:

I just drove through that coming back from Philly. There was some street flooding on South Atherton; I saw one car stuck in the right lane with at least 6" of water.

Right at the intersection with Westerly Parkway? That's near my house and floods frequently. PSU reporting 3.42" total yesterday... which added over 20% to our total precip on the year :o

10 minutes ago, skiier04 said:

Right at the intersection with Westerly Parkway? That's near my house and floods frequently. PSU reporting 3.42" total yesterday... which added over 20% to our total precip on the year :o

It was at the intersection of Atherton and University Dr.

Meanwhile, the dew point is up to 75F here.

Forecast high for Tamaqua was 91 today, and already I'm sitting at 96. Lots of sunshine and limited cloud cover (up to this point) may have allowed for the additional heating today. I only wish the hygrometer on my station worked properly so I knew what the actual heat index was. Going by other local locations where dewpoints are running close to 80 degrees, a heat index of around 110 is quite possible.

On 8/13/2016 at 11:55 PM, Voyager said:

OK, quick question. How many of you have me on ignore since I'm a warm weather lover and most of you love winter, snow, and cold? Lately nothing I post seems to be of interest to garnish a reply, let alone initiate some sort of discussion.

Summer's tough. Especially this year when there hasn't been any widespread high impact events for our region. It's been a really boring summer. Hot, humid, and dry isn't fun most.... Don't take it personally :)

The first tastes of fall may be on their way according to CTP

By sunday, cold front pushes through
bringing likely pops and beginnings of a period of cooler temps
and lower humidity.

WHAT THE F?!

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA
313 PM EDT MON AUG 15 2016

PAZ026-034-035-151945-
BEDFORD-FULTON-HUNTINGDON-
313 PM EDT MON AUG 15 2016

...AN AREA OF HEAVY SNOW WILL AFFECT NORTH CENTRAL FULTON...
NORTHEASTERN BEDFORD AND SOUTHWESTERN HUNTINGDON COUNTIES...

AT 312 PM EDT...AN AREA OF HEAVY SNOW WAS LOCATED NEAR NEW
ENTERPRISE... MOVING EAST AT 20 MPH.

WIND GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH ARE POSSIBLE WITH THIS AREA OF HEAVY SNOW.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
WELLS TANNERY...DUDLEY...WATERFALL...NEW ENTERPRISE...SHY BEAVER...
BROAD TOP CITY...COALMONT...HOPEWELL...WOODBURY...DEFIANCE...
SAXTON AND EVERETT.

12 hours ago, Anduril said:

Looks like the local NWS office put out a pretty strongly worded possibility for tomorrow from Harrisburg North about 60+ mph winds and hail. Anyone see anything potential wise?

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Yeah, I don't think HBG itself gets into anything too severe but if you're around State College and eastward keep an eye toward the sky in the mid to late afternoon.

now that the cloud cover is gone and the sun is out baking us again, i think our chances have increased for severe 

Archived