• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Early/Mid December 2016

On 7/21/2016 at 4:44 PM, Eskimo Joe said:

Looks like it might torch for a few days starting tomorrow, but I'm not sold on anyone getting above 92 - 96 degrees north of Mason-Dixon..  One thing is for sure, we need the rain.  The corn is dying here in York.

I got up to 96 in my backyard yesterday, and it's already 91 here at noon. I figure we should match, and possibly even exceed, yesterday's high.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35 years of driving now and today drove through the worst thunderstorm I've ever been out in. Was returning home from a baseball showcase at Millersville University and was greeted with rain, wind, and hail like I haven't seen before. Absolute zero visibility forced me off the road and into a farm lane. It went from kind of wild to scary real quick. And nothing was in the forecast, either. 

8 hours ago, NortheastPAWx said:

Saw it was a pretty dry heat today at AVP...hit 97 with DPs as low as 50, or ~20% RH. Thank goodness nothing sparked in the mountains.

Yup. Got up to 99 yesterday in my backyard, but the humidity was as low as 23% during the afternoon. Given that low humidity that continued overnight, we dropped down to a comfortable 62 this morning. I was at the Railriders game last night and it was as comfortable as a spring training game in Arizona. One of the best games, weatherwise, I've ever been to during mid-summer.

11 hours ago, canderson said:

Just watched a huge blog of rain and storms literally evaporate as it hit the mountain and reform in Lancaster County - nada rain in HBG. Again. 

i went outside to watch it as it appeared we were going to get rocked. crazy! We did get some rain over night though, anything is better then nothing. 

30 minutes ago, canderson said:

What rain? So it's pouring in north Harrisburg but dry as can be downtown and midtown.

Edit: impressive radar missing to the north. Wow must have some good wind in the Hershey/Colonial Park area. I counted seven raindrops and now it's sunny again.

The storm that's currently rolling through the Bloomsburg/Berwick area looks nasty...

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

What rain? So it's pouring in north Harrisburg but dry as can be downtown and midtown.

Edit: impressive radar missing to the north. Wow must have some good wind in the Hershey/Colonial Park area. I counted seven raindrops and now it's sunny again.

Family in Linglestown reporting 1.33" of rain from the recent cell!

Archived