Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Early/Mid December 2016

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That graupel made it all the way into the southeast corner of the state here in Quakertown temperature was 51F. Also some white badly mangled flakes initially for around 30 seconds.

We just had that same exact thing here in Tamaqua about 10 minutes ago...

May 15th and it's snowing at high noon here at 1200 ft elevation...absolutely insane. I've seen some higher elevation flakes in May before but definitely the latest I have ever seen it snow here.

It snowed on May 18, 2002 in parts of Northeast PA. There was around an inch above 1600' in Wayne County. I wish I had hiked Mt. Ararat at 2600'+ to see how much was up there.

This definitely isn't the first time there's been accumulating mid-May snowfall in elevated parts of PA. The 5/10/77 storm affected eastern parts of the state significantly as well; parts of the Catskills got 2 feet and the Poconos had big amounts as well.

we had heavy graupel on Sunday afternoon about 4:00 as well. I was doing some car maintenance and I had the car half in the garage to  put air in the tires, it started coming down with snow then it changed to graupel and then to rain.

We did a cook out at a local rescue mission after that, and the men running the grill got hammered a couple of times.

Starts getting hot today - summer heat looks to be a record-setter humidity season in the midatlantic with August being an absolutely torcher at +3 degrees. I despite hot/humid weather now.

I don't think this summer will be as hot as many people think. Temps will probably be AOA normal, but strong blocking has been present for months and warm shots have been rather transient.

That hail was impressive in York County!

2d5cee9832dbee7c355f27887fabae7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't believe CTP didn't issue a warning with that storm. The picture you have here was clearly sub-srvere hail, but York 911 had several calls for trees down in Red Lion, Hellam and Lower Windsor Township. There also was a partial collapse of a building under renovation. I believe at one point there was a hail core suspended at 25 kft on the Sterling radar for three consecutive frames.

Archived