• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Early/Mid December 2016

Millersville University - Virtual Seminar Series **TODAY @ 1:00pm Eastern Time**

Title: Integrating EM and Meteorology

Background: Friday, April 15th at 1 PM EDT the CDRE's final Virtual Seminar of Spring 2016 semester. Chris Walsh, the former state meteorologist of Georgia, will be speaking about the integration of emergency management and meteorology. The United Nations Office of Disaster Risk Reduction released a report last fall stating 90% of the major disasters between 1995 and 2015 were weather-related. The relationships between EMs and meteorologists must strengthen in order to reduce the impacts of hazardous weather and climate change.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey now...I got whopping 0.01" overnight. Now they can drop the red flag warnings and lift the burn bans...woohoo!!!

Seriously though. I don't know if they got it under control, but I drove through the smoke field from the Monroe County fire all the way up on I-84 heading from Scranton to Port Jervis. We really needed at least 0.25" (or more) to help out with the dry, tinderbox conditions.

Classic garbage easterly upslope flow day today. At least we have pretty much reached leaf-out for most trees.

Ironically we are no where near leaf out yet here in Tamaqua. Maples seem to be the farthest along but the oaks are just dragging their heels this spring. Up in the higher elevations of Hazleton and along the I-81 ridge top, as well as over on I-84 in the Poconos, if it weren't for (somewhat) green grass, you'd think it was February. In those locations, forested areas are still about 80-90 percent barren of leaves.

Ironically we are no where near leaf out yet here in Tamaqua. Maples seem to be the farthest along but the oaks are just dragging their heels this spring. Up in the higher elevations of Hazleton and along the I-81 ridge top, as well as over on I-84 in the Poconos, if it weren't for (somewhat) green grass, you'd think it was February. In those locations, forested areas are still about 80-90 percent barren of leaves.

Yeah I've noticed that the stretch of 84 at elevation is usually pretty far behind us in terms of spring foliage.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived