joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
One last Cape Cod Crusher March 4-5

rnaude241

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I personally did not expect the big winter anyways. My fun wild ass guess for snow was between 35 to 45 inches for my area Boston etc. I did think that most of our winter weather would be in the second half of the season anyways. My snow today is just under 30 inches and Boston is just over 25 inches. What I did not expect was how warm it was. I did not think we would have near record warmth to record warmth this winter.

The warmups were big and all exceeded guidance by sometimes 5-7 degrees.   In hindsight Dec was a warning that the warmth would be big this year and would not go easily into the night.

dumbest NWS move ever putting NL with OKX. When they dropped the PVD BDL offices they should have just given BOX all of RI CT

Well - a couple things. One, the initial CWAs were all based on radar coverage since in the early/mid 90s there wasn't really the bandwidth to get high-res radar data at other offices. That's not the case now so really any office could issue warnings for a given area.

Personally, I'd be happy to see consolidation and the media in CT has a great relationship with BOX. New York is so busy with dealing with the NYC media that they definitely don't have the time to be as proactive.

Well - a couple things. One, the initial CWAs were all based on radar coverage since in the early/mid 90s there wasn't really the bandwidth to get high-res radar data at other offices. That's not the case now so really any office could issue warnings for a given area.

Personally, I'd be happy to see consolidation and the media in CT has a great relationship with BOX. New York is so busy with dealing with the NYC media that they definitely don't have the time to be as proactive.

Thats what I mean , population wise BOX is way under OKX, what sense is the tri office coverage for such a small state.

My personal feeling is that Middlesex and New London County would be better with Box and New Haven and Fairfield Counties with OKX but once again if there is not good coordination it makes for some difficult maps

in 2003 for the Dec storm my BOX  forecast was 18-24 OKX had Voluntown next town south by a few miles 3-6 same time, seen some doozies

That's probably the only type of weather I'll be getting "more" of...it will be interesting being on the "other" side of the rain/snow line

I don't think much changes except for snow. But when you get it, you'll get it good. Even general rainy nor'easters.....they'll pack a punch. You'll definitely have a few moments where you'll get frustrated though lol. Are you on a hill or open at all?

00z NAM is a general 1-2" for E MA tomorrow. It actually has some LL convergence near BOS and a bit to the west of BOS for a time, so it wouldn't be shocking to see some steady light snow for a bit. It is good snow growth temps, the sopundings have a decent isothermal laer at -12C...so if that actually materializes, it could accumulate a bit.

00z NAM is a general 1-2" for E MA tomorrow. It actually has some LL convergence near BOS and a bit to the west of BOS for a time, so it wouldn't be shocking to see some steady light snow for a bit. It is good snow growth temps, the sopundings have a decent isothermal laer at -12C...so if that actually materializes, it could accumulate a bit.

Nova Scotia blizzication road trip? Holy Hazey

Nice. Those NE winds seem to bring OE snows up the coast too into ME it seems.

Archived