SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 4 Winter Storm Threat

RubiksDestroyer

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. A solid winter here for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing a few inches. Getting on a plane and heading to Orlando next week to spend the week watching some baseball and it's supposed to be mid 80s so I'll have time to thaw out then. It's been a fun one this winter for this area.

We've had alot worse, that's for sure. That sounds fun, I hope you have a fun and safe trip! Cant beat a nice little winter storm before heading to Florida to thaw out.

Supposed to drive up to Southampton Co, VA, this Saturday to visit my wife's family. Might have to wait until next weekend if this keeps coming in bigger.

Lol don't pull a carrollton on us brick....I'm sure you can handle a wet snow with it 32°. Heck I would be excited if I was you. Nothing better than a wet slushy snow to drive in. I wish I had money to waste on worthless snow trips....thank God I live in the mountain's!!!

We've had alot worse, that's for sure. That sounds fun, I hope you have a fun and safe trip! Cant beat a nice little winter storm before heading to Florida to thaw out.

I appreciate it! I love getting away for spring training every year but after being in Florida a week it sure makes living in the mountains of WNC so much sweeter.

LOL, he certainly isn't forecasting well for the NC mountains.

I'm not sure why he event tries to forecast for NC. He busts all the time in this area unless he draws a RAIN area over most of NC which he does for VA/NE storms... He needs to stick to what he's good at, the DelMarVa, and just stop at the NC/VA line. 1-2" for MBY? Ok.

A little tick upward in the snow department.

THURSDAY NIGHT...RAIN. SNOW LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOW
ACCUMULATION UP TO 1 INCH. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.
LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW WITH A SLIGHT
CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE MORNING..
.THEN MOSTLY SUNNY IN THE
AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S.
NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT. 

It's gonna be a biggon!!!  :snowing:

I'll have to say some of the models look interesting; but I'm still very skeptical. We'll just have to track the storm along with surface temps tomorrow. 

Currently 38.5 degrees. Should see 20s tonight to help drop the soil temps a little; just in case we do get snow.

4KM Nam was much more solid with a hit to NC, its actually pretty close temp wise a few degrees colder and it could end up with more snow but again these storms have trended better in the short range all year on the NAM's and then they haven't worked out  for us why would we expect it too in March...00Z should run soon

So, this is KGSO during heavy precip on the 00z NAM at hr 24 (hr 27 is about the same).  No room for error, for sure, but looks like a wet snow sounding to me, verbatim?

2ebsw8x.gif

How much does it show for Danville Va?

Around 4", though I wouldn't pay too much attention to the clown totals.

Archived