SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Storm March 1st-2nd (Part 2)

Powerball

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty obvious that the main Fgen band will end up north of here. Those areas will likely jackpot.

attachicon.gifimage.png

I think we'll "gap" for a while (maybe 2 hours or so) later this afternoon as it heads north, but I'm wary of giving too much weight to the RAP/HRRR given their biases.

That being said, I agree that the max amounts should be just north of Toronto. But still should be an excellent snowstorm for us. All of a sudden all the 6z GEFS members are AOA 1" QPF. :lol:

Right now dtx has a warning north of detroit (6-9) and advisory south (3-5) acknowledging the model flip flopping is causing them to be conservative. The main difference in amounts is obviously the fgen band which will leave dtw high and dry (picked up 0.2" overnight). All of SE MI could see some heavy snow rates when the L passes south, just hope we avoid sleet.

I think we'll "gap" for a while (maybe 2 hours or so) later this afternoon as it heads north, but I'm wary of giving too much weight to the RAP/HRRR given their biases.

That being said, I agree that the max amounts should be just north of Toronto. But still should be an excellent snowstorm for us. All of a sudden all the 6z GEFS members are AOA 1" QPF. :lol:

As long as he HRRR/RAP are a little too far north were in great shape. Good luck to you in London! GEFS mean has 1.0-1.2" for the GTA. 0z EPS was similar(a bit drier).

Went to bed last night and woke up to a measly 1" this morning. I guess it took way longer to saturate than the models forecast, and then the snow was light, nothing heavy with the fgen band. We could get up to 1" more this morning with the backside if we're lucky. Good luck everyone up in Toronto, it's looking good up there.

Zero accumulation south of DKB. Barely any precip at all really.

Same.  0.03" of rain, trace of sleet, zero snow.  May get a few flurries in the next few hours as those fragments of precip in Iowa work through.

Dubuque officially 0.9" so far.  I figured they'd be good for at least 5-6" up there.  Man, what a tough storm to forecast.

for some reason im affraid of being  a tad to far south. just a gut feeling and I havent spent but an hr all day on this.

im just always afraid for that in these setups where you think your good and 30 miles or so north more is.  if i end up being to far south that maybe bolds well for a stronger primary for out east.

...not bad fear

nice dryslot now and dry air overnight. Good driving conditions at least.

good luck out east.

Archived