joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm March 1st-2nd (Part 2)

Powerball

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the end looks like it may end up being an improvement re: snow amounts from the 18z run for both of us but that deepening between 18 and 21 is suspect. 6-7 millibars in 3 hours seems excessive.

What's important has been the trend towards a wetter system for all, so there's that.

It was unreasonable to not expect thermals to potentially be impacted in exchange.

I still think the writing's been on the wall with this one and 00z NAM agrees. I don't think anywhere in Illinois (except within 3 SM of Mt Geos of course) hits warning criteria with this one.

I'm known to be off my rocker at times, so I'll eat that crow straight up if I have to.

I still think the writing's been on the wall with this one and 00z NAM agrees. I don't think anywhere in Illinois (except within 3 SM of Mt Geos of course) hits warning criteria with this one.

I'm known to be off my rocker at times, so I'll eat that crow straight up if I have to.

Still not snow by you?

Looking straight west, I think north of Route 120 will mostly hit warning criteria.

The sound of sleet is quickly fading now and it's start to rip pretty good now. Snow sticking on the ground already.

Looking straight west, I think north of Route 120 will mostly hit warning criteria.

The sound of sleet is quickly fading now and it's start to rip pretty good now. Snow sticking on the ground already.

The friendly wager is on. I bet you get close with 4" or 5", but I'm not expecting much more than 1.5" of dreck down here.

Still largely sleet here FYI. Believe it's rain in Rockford.

Archived