Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Storm March 1st-2nd (Part 2)

Powerball

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just measured 5" here at home with drifts up to 18". So surprisingly this is my largest storm of the year for home.

Interesting.

I had measured only ~3.2" here (not including the 0.3" of frontogenesis snows from early in the morning), and I would have only guessed another 1/2" or so with the last round of deformation snows.

Thus, totals were roughly ~4" here. That's what the Roseville spotter also seemed to have.

just under 5 inches here.  normally when the thumb area in MI cleans up and se MI suffers we do well like the thumb..  Not the case the last two storms by any means.  Silly winter, but for being one of the warmest on record it could have been worse..  There was plenty to track but the tracks didn't track too favorable most of the times.

How did Buffalo do with the SE trend and Indices warning signs?

Is this directed towards me? I said Detroit and Toronto would be favored and I was correct aside from it being a little bit north/northwest of Detroit for jackpot areas. Also called this a week before the storm hit when most of the favored areas on models were north of Chicago near your location. These new posters got a lot of spunk eh? ^_^

Is this directed towards me? I said Detroit and Toronto would be favored and I was correct aside from it being a little bit north/northwest of Detroit for jackpot areas. Also called this a week before the storm hit when most of the favored areas on models were north of Chicago near your location. These new posters got a lot of spunk eh? ^_^

I was curious how the storm track ended up playing out out that way in the end.  I hadn't  no time yesterday to track it as I was  at work and was wondering for now and going forward what some of the possibilities were as to why we did better in round 2 than one.

Finished with 6.5" here. Bit of a let down, just barely ends up as our largest event of the season (had a 6.0" LE event in January).

Saw some reports nearing a foot from Aliston, ON so at least someone cashed in. But overall I'd say the models overdid the snow big time. System was hauling ass.

Interesting.

I had measured only ~3.2" here (not including the 0.3" of frontogenesis snows from early in the morning), and I would have only guessed another 1/2" or so with the last round of deformation snows.

Thus, totals were roughly ~4" here. That's what the Roseville spotter also seemed to have.

Yeah I was quite surprised when I pulled out my ruler and measured the drifts along side the house.

Archived