Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Storm March 1st-2nd (Part 2)

Powerball

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS blasting Toronto. I think it's time for you guys to gas up the snowblowers.

Looking great for a nice blast of Winter in the city tomorrow. Haven't been following this winter as its been very barren and dull. However, I'm excited for this and thanks for the heads up, haha. 

Stay safe guys! Especially for those out in WNY and the Niagara region. 

Dewpoint continues to leak here, now down to 20.  None of the guidance had it that low and assuming it continues to run lower, leaves more room for evaporative cooling when precip finally begins and could make a difference between freezing rain and plain rain prior to the changeover to snow.

Why is  farther SE MI a magnet it seems to model dryslots and precip type issues.

This past week of snow alone has had to really bump up the overall winter grade a good bit in that lucky corridor in MI if this ones pans out like some models :snowing:

Anyone have any idea about +fzrn accumulations for SE Michigan. Have a feeling this one might get ugly with a 1.0" lollypop just east of my house on the GEM and 5.0" snow totals..

Looks like the first shield of precip the doorstep for this region.

Anyone have any idea about +fzrn accumulations for SE Michigan. Have a feeling this one might get ugly with a 1.0" lollypop just east of my house on the GEM and 5.0" snow totals..

Honestly, the thermals are so borderline that it would difficult to pinpoint exact amounts of any precip type. 

Honestly, the thermals are so borderline that it would difficult to pinpoint exact amounts of any precip type.

Been working on one the plow trucks all day. Went over it this afternoon and found a whole bunch of small issues which turned into a few big ones. A 12 hour adventure of pre storm truck jitters. So I'm a little behind tonight on my game plan for tomorrow.

Been working on one the plow trucks all day. Went over it this afternoon and found a whole bunch of small issues which turned into a few big ones. A 12 hour adventure of pre storm truck jitters. So I'm a little behind tonight on my game plan for tomorrow.

I would brace myself for everything, even plain rain.

You're just now getting into the snow!?

Been dumping here since the last post. Grass has disappeared. 2"+

Could you post your latest report with a photo if possible to the office Facebook page? I'll let my coworker know there will be a report coming from there.

Could you post your latest report with a photo if possible to the office Facebook page? I'll let my coworker know there will be a report coming from there.

Ok. 

It's like 1.95". By the way it's going right it will be at 2" pretty quickly. 

12809669_10209129109011771_2399920510944

Main band weakened a good amount and there's some lake action going on. What are your thoughts for the rest of the night?

Archived