joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-5 Combo Platter Special

Hoosier

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Follow the season and weekly trend, this is going to be a DAB event Friday for all, except maybe geos who will at least have a couple tenths to measure.

:lmao:

I know it's sad to see a 0.2" snowfall, when around 2" was forecast.

Snowing big flakes right now. 

GFS

24hkucherasnowmw.png

Guest ovweather

Talk about an over-achieving system. Almost 9 inches of snow near West Liberty, Kentucky and still pouring.

Guest ovweather

Wow, what was in the forecast there?

No. An inch or 2 of snow was mentioned as being possible along I-64 east of Lexington, but nothing like what fell. There is quite a large area of eastern KY that has seen 4+ inches. This is warning criteria yet the NWS never issued more then an advisory.

It has been snowing here for 14 1/2 out of the last 16 hours and looks to continue for another hour.  Total snow depth? 3.2"

The deepest depth of the winter here. However, it could have been something special. An exclamation mark on the winter of 'if only'.

Storm total, about 2". On the pavement, only what fell after dark accumulated which was around an inch.

The 2.2" of snow that fell at DTW yesterday puts us at 32.1" on the season.... which incredibly, is about on pace for normal. That being said, I don't see a whole lot of additional snowfall happening the rest of the season. You never know though, all it would take is one big late snowfall.

Pound town here in MSP. Fatty flakes accumulating on everything but highly traveled roads. Won't last much longer but it's been ripping for a while.

Sounds exciting. Hoping to pick up an inch or so tonight.

24° and borderline heavy snow in Duluth right now.

We ended up with 2.7" of sugar snow here (2.6" at dtw) yesterday afternoon and into the overnight. It was an absolute picture postcard morning with over 4" on the ground and powder draping everything. Then the March sun did its thing and nuked a lot of snow in non shaded areas. Would call snow depth and average of 2" now, but it ranges from 0-4" depending on the spot.

4597-800.jpg

Progressive system with a well defined back edge moving into far NW IL. Also having to overcome dry air, so there's been lots of virga. It'll snow hard for a bit given the intensity of the echoes developing on KMKX, but doubt it will last long enough for widespread 1" amounts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived