• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
jaxjagman

Wow that is close! Did that start your interest in weather? 

Grew up near Midfield close to Bessemer when i was young.When i was young mom took me and my older brother to the Southern league All-Star's baseball game at Rickwood Field.About the 6th inng it started to thunder,back then they kept playing.Then shortly after it started to hail and rain and everyone ran for cover,then the power shut down and the game was called,on the way home we found out a tornado hit about a half mile from the ball park.

Meanwhile middle of next week may unidirectional heavy rain. Analog backs up GFS Op with another chance right behind it. After this week mountain snow looks like the severe buffet line starts...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that is close! Did that start your interest in weather?

Meanwhile middle of next week may unidirectional heavy rain. Analog backs up GFS Op with another chance right behind it. After this week mountain snow looks like the severe buffet line starts...

It was when we moved from Jacksonville to Lawrenceburg

What do you mean by Severe buffet line?

Hoping for a few chances at severe. Buffet line refers to the systems lined up one right after another. Of course it could change and/or they could all be slop. Still confidence is good on the trough West ridge East pattern next week and maybe then some, which is favorable for severe this time of year.

Hoping for a few chances at severe. Buffet line refers to the systems lined up one right after another. Of course it could change and/or they could all be slop. Still confidence is good on the trough West ridge East pattern next week and maybe then some, which is favorable for severe this time of year.

Jeff, do you work as a meteorologist at a NWS office, local news station, airport, or something else?

More and more indications are that this month is going to be wild. #organicforecasting and #bsr has been on point to the threat!

The esembles have been showing the heights rising in East Asia the next couple days with a system behind it,so we should be looking at the 18-19th time frame in the long range

Looks like major flooding will be possible west of I-65 next week. Some scary looking precip totals in the Memphis area.

Indeed, WxSouth had a big write-up on it. Not good. Nino finally acting like a Nino as it diminishes. Snow in the Sierra Nevadas and flooding rains in the SE. Might be a very big story as we head forward. Anybody have precip totals for the next 16 days? On the move at the moment...

GEFS keeps backing off any drying in the long range.Still seeing a system around the 18th give or take,If the GOM can recover we could possibly see a better severe chance and if it does recover we could possibly see more flood issues in the western Valley,though this system should progress faster than we are seeing next week

Archived