• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Xenesthis
    Newest Member
    Xenesthis
SimeonNC

March Mid/Long Range Winter/Spring Discussion

Let the bashing begin. I don't anybody got a winter forecast right. Whether you like him or you don't he does recognize the pattern before anybody else. He called this pattern last April and the pattern was about what he said. However he missed the snow fall but who didnt? He is not great at our back yard forecast but does set the tone for the year and I don't believe anybody can do that. Problem is most think we live in NE and we are to get wintry weather all the time. This is the SE so everything has to go right for us to get a flake. If you follow him you will see how most forecast follow his almost word for word. He gives his before summer while others wait until November. When theirs come out its almost identical to his. Many won't admit it but follow him and use his forecast but tweak a word here and there and call it theirs.

I for one could careless who is right or wrong but have to give credit where credit is due. Hope all have a great year. See yall next winter.

He's trying to defend this...how? If he would just show some humility and say he had an epic bust then it would be over. In early Jan he went after the people calling for a warm winter so he had this coming.

32f78a96af20941ef1ac4b113626ffc3.jpgf186c757e9dd8dc46b48a382f2961b6c.jpg

Let the bashing begin. I don't anybody got a winter forecast right. Whether you like him or you don't he does recognize the pattern before anybody else. He called this pattern last April and the pattern was about what he said. However he missed the snow fall but who didnt? He is not great at our back yard forecast but does set the tone for the year and I don't believe anybody can do that. Problem is most think we live in NE and we are to get wintry weather all the time. This is the SE so everything has to go right for us to get a flake. If you follow him you will see how most forecast follow his almost word for word. He gives his before summer while others wait until November. When theirs come out its almost identical to his. Many won't admit it but follow him and use his forecast but tweak a word here and there and call it theirs.

I for one could careless who is right or wrong but have to give credit where credit is due. Hope all have a great year. See yall next winter.

This might be the most ridiculous statement I have EVER seen on this board......

This might be the most ridiculous statement I have EVER seen on this board......

and you've been around damn near long as I have. That is saying something.

I like JB, but this year was a huge bust. Honestly, his DJF temp forecast was pretty much cooked after the December warmth made it impossible for Jan and Feb to recover to below normal. The maps above showing his forecast vs what verified is ugly! This is nearly as bad as his 2001-02 winter bust. The other miss is going to be the winter holding on well into March with March being a very cold month for much of the nation. I smell spring and so do most of the models. I will say that we have had some strong volatile systems come through this winter, but with very limited artic air, it has been just several heavy rains for MBY.

Very violent pattern this month across the US is going to lag getting here east of the Appalachians. 12"+ amounts of rain along the west coast with over 8 feet of snow in the mountains from the WPC. I think for us this means above normal temps and enhanced rainfall in March. Too far out to get specific on any severe potential but better chance I think west of the mountains.

Norfolk looks suspect

Hmmm...I would think so.  Apparently, their normal is -1.0 inch of snowfall.  They must produce snowfall that they give away without ever getting to experience it.

In the entire Mid-Atlantic, RDU is about the only city well below normal for seasonal snowfall totals. The Triad and Charlotte are quite close to average.

We are at around 50% of average here in the Triad. Awful winter.

Is NC considered Mid-Atlantic now ?

In some contexts, sometimes.

We are at around 50% of average here in the Triad. Awful winter.

In some contexts, sometimes.

Rub it in why don't you... ;-)

After being an observer of this board for three winter seasons, it appears to me that the sub-forums should be altered.  Perhaps creating a sub-forum for NC, VA, and perhaps DC identifying the "Upper South", which they truly are? 

After being an observer of this board for three winter seasons, it appears to me that the sub-forums should be altered.  Perhaps creating a sub-forum for NC, VA, and perhaps DC identifying the "Upper South", which they truly are? 

Any subforum which contains the DC area on this board becomes the DC subforum (just the way it is with so many posters located there).  No, thanks.

At this point I want the March torch to begin, I'm trying to convince my family to go to the beach for spring/Easter break and it'd be great if it were 80 degrees and sunny.

That's hard to get on March 27th, but I'm hoping for at least mild weather as well over the same weekend.

I like the forums as they are. At any rate, most/many NC forumers already peep into the Mid-Atlantic forum to get pertinent information for NC, and bring it back here. 

lol are you serious? 

The southeast is the southeast. There's no "upper south"...if there is, it's North Carolina. The mid-atlantic weather, heck even DC's weather is drastically and I mean drastically different than Raleigh's, especially during winter.

NC has a lot of good posters, I'm not sure it would benefit the SE subforum to give them the boot.

I think the SE subforum should stop at I-85.   :axe:

I-40***