SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2016 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really sure we will. We will cool down (near normal) mid-week into next weekend then back to mild zonal flow next week.

Yeah you're probably right. Things look to cool down next week but nothing serious. Hopefully the upcoming rain chances don't dwindle like they did early last week. We need it.

65F and beer on the deck now. Just amazing.

Euro has a nice plunge late next weekend.  Should kill off any early blooming plants.

Lilacs here are showing green but that is about it.

I got Daffodils popping up, but that's really it. Steady rain here for most of the morning so far. 

On and off rain showers and started the day under very thick fog, typical March day really. Noticed that the 0.25-0.50" of rain has really boosted the grass from dormant brown, to a light green, in some areas even a pretty lush green. I'm sure the mild winter only aided this.

And it has the lasting power of an 18yo. Recent GFS runs have moderated the hell out of it.

Yup.

I was hoping for one more snowstorm over the UP or Canada to get in a couple days.... Looking less and less likely.

It was an 8 week winter.

52 weeks in a year and I get 8 for my happy time. Had 16 weeks of fun last year, 20 the year before.

A typical winter using 2000-2015 averages, is about 12 weeks.

I define winter as consistent snowpack north of 44 from December till early March.

Models have been struggling a bit with the developing upper midwest system the next couple days.  They had trended north with only a line of showers along the front (early day passage), but now at least the uk and euro have gone back to a solution where the low revs up farther south and crosses eastern Iowa, dropping 1+ inches of rain across my area.  I wouldn't mind that a bit.  The rest of the extended forecast is looking rather blah.

Archived