SnowHabit
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-25 PART II

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SPLIT THE
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO CAMPS WITH A 00Z GFS/12Z ECMWF BLEND

Agree and in other words mke wouldn't have to worry much for an advisory much even to the se corner if it wasn't for timing and wind maybe making things w/e for a brief time. For headlines You need to be south of the border for this one imo.

I don't think it is going to move NNW from its current location, that would really be shocking. It will probably continue moving NNE like it has all afternoon.

The L on that map is just east of Paducah and that's where the high-res model take it. It would be NNE from its currently location.

pmsl.gif?1456293389433

i don't know much, or if its wagons east per see but I would be a lot more optimistic right now of a bump in your favor if i was on the east side than west of the battle line. north side of chicago i'd be a little freaked if it was my backyard.  not thinking bust by any means but i just don't see any good surprise coming either.

GOOD NIGHT..Can't wait in a way  until its good night and over with this one lol. 5 days of tracking for a coating maybe lol.

I don't think it is going to move NNW from its current location, that would really be shocking. It will probably continue moving NNE like it has all afternoon.

I  somehow missed this post but that's my reading of it too what you said. If i thought close to paducah was in play i wouldn't be half as freaked for northern Illinois and burbs of chicago - and would even be halfway optimistic in to wi.

Latest HRRR made me lose all hope, haha. :axe:  Keeps all the snow S of the city, but a nice hit for EC and S Illinois, NC Indiana, and maybe parts of Michigan. Wish you all the best of cement!

The main part of the storm wasn't supposed to get into NE IL until rush hour. The deformation band is predicted to pivot back westward later. 

As long as the low gets up to Evansville, Chicago is still very much in play.

Archived