SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential major winter storm - Feb 24-25 PART II

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just that every post you make is about you and only you. You couldn't care less about what will actually happen with the system regarding everywhere else.

Guess what, almost every person on here is guilty of that. You care more about your local areas effects than others. So do I. Suck it up and take it to a PM instead of clogging up the thread

And that pivot in Illinois on the short ranges is beautiful.

Guess what, almost every person on here is guilty of that. You care more about your local areas effects than others. So do I. Suck it up and take it to a PM instead of clogging up the thread

No one does it to the extent that you do.... time to maybe open up your eyes and realize what you're doing. 

Although I'm not close to a professional, the f-gen band is the band where the heaviest snow will fall and the totals under that band will be significantly higher.

Understood. I guess I was confusing his reference to the f-gen band with that small precip line currently pushing across MO. Hence my question/confusion...

Lurker here. Just wanted to say it's been fun following along with this one. I'm on the IN/IL border just off I-80 so looking good for tomorrow. As posted earlier I think this one is going to catch people in the Chicago area by surprise. Everyone I've talked to down here thinks this is a 3" nuisance deal.

Good luck to all!

Just as an FYI, the RAP and HRRR performed terribly with the 2/16 OV storm. Their usual NW biases and lower level thermal profiles were very evident. LR Rap bullseyed CMH with 8-10" of snow, we ended up with 2-3". End of range HRRR bullseyed SE Ohio with 10", they received 1".

This is a different storm based on SLP strength, but very very similar with respect to thermal profiles.

I'm pulling for everyone in the path to get snow, but be wary of the long range for the high-res models.

Lurker here. Just wanted to say it's been fun following along with this one. I'm on the IN/IL border just off I-80 so looking good for tomorrow. As posted earlier I think this one is going to catch people in the Chicago area by surprise. Everyone I've talked to down here thinks this is a 3" nuisance deal.

Good luck to all!

you're in a great area for this

Good luck to all!

Wow, we're close. 

Encountered the same thing as you early in the day but it seems like awareness is growing now.  Been trying to do my part.  :P

For the novices on this board, such as myself, can you expound on why the f-gen band currently pushing across MO is so important? Will it play a role in saturating the lower levels? Or the opposite? Appreciate the education!

Most of the progs that set up further west involve that f-gen band by expanding it and merging with the deformation precip shield later tonight and early tomorrow morning. If it peters out or stays weak, that's probably a sign that the eastern solutions are right.

And yes, it will help with low level saturation as it slogs its way east, provided it's still there come morning.

Wow, we're close. 

Encountered the same thing as you early in the day but it seems like awareness is growing now.  Been trying to do my part.  :P

I'm a bit west over in Munster so yeah pretty close!   :) Curious to see what the TV mets say this evening. Should be enough confidence for the area now to go into hype mode.

No one has been doing it nearly as badly as you all winter. Most actually talk in generalities instead of IMBY all day long.

Archived