Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Feb 24 2016 severe weather outbreak

Ian

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funnel cloud reported to me at beltway and Georgia ave

If it was reported by a regular joe, was probably scud. There was a whole lot of it right up until the cell crossed that area.

Storm was awesome for February though, tons of lightning and torrential rains. Even got some pings of hail...probably pea-sized.

If it was reported by a regular joe, was probably scud. There was a whole lot of it right up until the cell crossed that area.

Storm was awesome for February though, tons of lightning and torrential rains. Even got some pings of hail...probably pea-sized.

Here too, but it came close to forming a funnel

not gonna lie, it was a bit more underwhelming in my location than i expected.

downpour and breezy, but not sure i'd say very windy.  i would say the lightning was most impressive.  no close strikes here, but the sky was certainly busy.  i don't think there was any hail here.  if so, it wasn't much.  nice for a february storm (or i guess any month), but not severe imby.  maybe i  just missed a stronger cell here.

Never recall seeing anything like this dime size hail in an offseason storm. Torrential rain and winds at 40+. Lots of cloud to cloud lightning. Had it all. In February.

Yeah it wasn't severe but an impressive storm anyway.

It was definitely severe here. Thunder is just now fading

Archived