Newest Member
    joxey
The Last Hurrah for Winter? Late Winter/Early Spring Banter

dmillz25

I like

6 + KNYC will adjust as we get closer.

12 just N and W

18 in NWNJ.

KNYC is tricky because over an inch of liquid should fall , I am just not sure how that will get measured in the park.

Between compression / melting and the error prone individuals there I will take the low number until we get closer in.

There are EPS members that would flip this for a while.

Thank you for such a blunt prediction

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SnoSki14, on 17 Mar 2016 - 6:06 PM, said:

I'm not losing sleep over this. If it misses then it misses no big deal, I was in full spring mode before this threat popped and it'll be in the 70s a few days later anyway.

It'll be a big deal if it misses. I might snap if it does at this point. ( note: I was out of town for the late January blizzard...only 7 day period I wasn't home this winter)

Probably the last snowstorm I will ever experience in Port Jefferson...as, after 22 years there...I'm likely re-locating to The Black Hills over the summer.

Well umm, yeah.  Most Long Islanders age out and head south.  You know it's cold as sht there right?  C'mon back and visit us here on the board and let us know how it goes and how to contact you, the Black Hills are high on my hit list.

That's very bullish, over a foot here?

This has as much of a chance of verifying as a #16 beating a #1.  Every model trend over the last 12-hours has been away from any significant event outside of the snow capital of the NE (Long Island).  I'll be happy if I see an inch on the grass and my deck, the plow guys can continue to put away their equipment around here.  Sure Long Island will cash in on a mid-April event as well.

This has as much of a chance of verifying as a #16 beating a #1.  Every model trend over the last 12-hours has been away from any significant event outside of the snow capital of the NE (Long Island).  I'll be happy if I see an inch on the grass and my deck, the plow guys can continue to put away their equipment around here.  Sure Long Island will cash in on a mid-April event as well.

Unfortunately it probably won't work out in our favor. But I'd still like to see more model runs before really giving up on this one.

FWIW, he stated when he posted it that it did not take into account last nights Euro and would adjust it after today's Euro.  The time stamp on the map shows this too.

Yeah but regardless that euro run was within 72 hrs of the event. I mean not too long ago thats when it was locked in. Now its lost till 12 hrs of the event. 

Archived