Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Last Hurrah for Winter? Late Winter/Early Spring Banter

dmillz25

There is no little Italy anymore.

It's gone

Mulberry St. from Canal to Grand St. That's all that's left. Asians bought up the rest. Still Italian restaurants above and below there but the buildings are owned by Asians. Worked as a cop there from 85 to 05 and watched it shrink before my eyes. Spent 4 months a year putting San Gennaro feast together.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those who have had what looks like virus/malware, do you have virus protection on your phones?

One thing that could be happening is, if your having issues on other sites as well,your phone may well of been infected already. Simply opening an infected email can infect your phone/computer.

Just my 2 cents.

those who have had what looks like virus/malware, do you have virus protection on your phones?

One thing that could be happening is, if your having issues on other sites as well,your phone may well of been infected already. Simply opening an infected email can infect your phone/computer.

Just my 2 cents.

It only happens on this site to me

Looks like this could be the greatest JFK snowfall beat of ALB in a single season.

Golden era for coastal snowfall continues...

JFK....40.9"

ALB...10.3"

Historic outcome when Albany averages 60.3" of annual snowfall and JFK 23.8" 1981-2010.

http://www.weather.gov/media/aly/Climate/ALY_Seasonal_Snowfall_Totals.pdf

The 10.3" season total contains an erroneous 1.5" from 2/9.  I've contacted the local NWS office about it and they said they would try to verify with the airport observer.  It's doubtful that they will since it's such a trivial amount but it could impact the snowfall record.  After factoring in slant sticking a few lake effect coatings, the true airport total is about 8".

The 10.3" season total contains an erroneous 1.5" from 2/9.  I've contacted the local NWS office about it and they said they would try to verify with the airport observer.  It's doubtful that they will since it's such a trivial amount but it could impact the snowfall record.  After factoring in slant sticking a few lake effect coatings, the true airport total is about 8".

Does NWS Albany have a snowfall PDF file like the ALB one that I posted for POU?

It would be nice to compare annual snowfall for POU and  OKX/BNL going back in time.

We could could get a true coast vs interior changes in seasonal snowfall.

The only more interior site I could find with an annual record online going back to 1980 is ABE.

OKX/BNL has a great site here:

https://www.bnl.gov/weather/4cast/MonthlySnowfall.htm

Anyone ever been to Carmine's on the Upper West Side, Manhattan? Thinking of taking a date there this Friday night...Good place or no?

No.

If you want to be in that neighborhood, you should go to Celeste or Gennaro.   They are both much better and within a few blocks.  Obviously in the rest of the city there are a million other options.

First time that I can remember seeing a -9SD cutoff low over Mexico.

Big ticket severe and flooding set up for portions of the Southern US

as the strong block over the East keeps it locked in place.

attachicon.gif500H-20.gif

Major snows will end up pretty far S in those Mexican mountains .

Major flooding concern in the SE for sure as this gets hung up.

if I lived near the park I'd volunteer for it...the records have been tainted...there have been many errors made since the weather service moved to Brookhaven and AOS obs took over...

Uncle. I have complained about it a lot to NOAA through the years and they are well aware there's a problem and admit it. They even went so far as to ask if I'd be interested in taking the measurements. Since I live 50 miles from midtown it's not practical but I wish that someone that lived near the Park and will take the job seriously would volunteer. Many historic storms have been under measured in the last 20 years including our most recent one because of indifference and incompetence. It drives me nuts.

GFS has 12+ areas and the Euro is even wetter close to 19 inches of rain .

The WAR is really going to stay put keeping that cutoff spinning around

down there. It takes the Euro until later in the 6-10 day to finally eject it

to the NE.

Models have been consistent on that-going to be some incredible flooding if anything close to that verifies

Archived