• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late Feb/March Med/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

The general pattern look on the long range GFS and Euro has the potential if we can get that STJ system to track right.  Split flow, -EPO, -NAO pattern.  Cold is going to be hard to come by in March, yes, but get one of those lows to amplify to sub 990 and track just southeast of us and see what happens.  Keep in mind the euro and some other stuff had a similar look to this 10-15 days before snowzilla, that cut off warm look.  This isnt as far from a hit as you think.  Its not perfect but its a pattern we can hope to get lucky in.   

welcome back

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a couple days of bleeding the wrong way today has been a trend in the right direction.  It's not a perfect pattern, and its probably not a particularly cold pattern, but get an active STJ cutting under the western ridge and finally some blocking in a good spot and I don't think its fair to say that can't produce. 

12z gefs bumped in the right direction too. But I'm still out.

They are troopers.  In all seriousness, I look up to Winterwxlvr and psu...eternal optimists...I wish I had their disposition.   In 6 hours, the step forward will take two steps back.  It's been that way for what, the last week or two?

They are troopers.  In all seriousness, I look up to Winterwxlvr and psu...eternal optimists...I wish I had their disposition.   In 6 hours, the step forward will take two steps back.  It's been that way for what, the last week or two?

LOL- euro ensembles MUCH better...couple bombs in there for the d8-10 thing. Right down the rabbit hole we go

Heh, I really am getting sucked back in. EPS MSLP and low location plots look pretty promising considering the range. Seems that a SE track is favored and mean 850's are a lot colder than the op as well. HR 192 has the 0c line out near I81 and hr204 is se of the cities. 

Give me a couple runs in a row like this and I'm all in. 

Heh, I really am getting sucked back in. EPS MSLP and low location plots look pretty promising considering the range. Seems that a SE track is favored and mean 850's are a lot colder than the op as well. HR 192 has the 0c line out near I81 and hr204 is se of the cities.

welcome on board. Ji has your uniform. Now if we can get Randy we can bring it home.

In seriousness today was a good first step. There was a reason I said wait till Friday. Models usually rush pattern changes, the mjo is just getting into the good phases, and that WAR was going to take a but to break down. The models are just coming into range of seeing things. Now they could get a look in the next few days and find the WAR is going to stick around and go to crap but I want to see what things look like in a couple days. The pattern I see on the guidance today is far from game over.

The look has definitely improved over the last few runs. 500's are coming in with a sharper trough that's digging even deeper. And have to love the stronger signal with the low and the track it would tack. Of course we have been down this road before. :)

welcome on board. Ji has your uniform. Now if we can get Randy we can bring it home.

In seriousness today was a good first step. There was a reason I said wait till Friday. Models usually rush pattern changes, the mjo is just getting into the good phases, and that WAR was going to take a but to break down. The models are just coming into range of seeing things. Now they could get a look in the next few days and find the WAR is going to stick around and go to crap but I want to see what things look like in a couple days. The pattern I see on the guidance today is far from game over.

You poor poor boys.   I'll be here for you, I swear.  18z will show sh*t.  0z will show some hope.  Then we'll wake up to a novel from showmethesnow on how terrible the ensembles, operationals, and your favorite restaurant are.   Take the cyanide capsule and bite down.  It'll all be over quick.

You poor poor boys. I'll be here for you, I swear. 18z will show sh*t. 0z will show some hope. Then we'll wake up to a novel from showmethesnow on how terrible the ensembles, operationals, and your favorite restaurant are. Take the cyanide capsule and bite down. It'll all be over quick.

lol. We may not get anymore snow this year and if not I'll move on and enjoy the warm weather. But the chase is half the fun so why tap out until we're sure it's over. I know some are tired of the chase this year and that's fine. When I see enough evidence that it's really over I'll call time of death and find other things to distract myself with. Until then I will enjoy the tracking and see what happens.

Half showing something d8+ is actually a pretty big signal. And a nice cluster of coastals as well.

We now have a signal and a baseline with the 12z ens run. Just need to hold and improve. Could be a head fake or could be the beginning of clarity.

And that's really what it comes down to, is this the start of a positive trend or noise. More waiting...great! Lol

I am having a serious Deja Vu moment! I have heard this same thing,.. like a week ago! LOL!

Archived