Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Potential Feb 23-24

rolltide_130

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no clearing yet in Raleigh and it's not going to happen.  Too many upstream showers developing.

I am assuming you mean 'clearing' is literally clearing out of clouds.

If so, it has been very sunny today in K'dale. Right now I see more pretty blue sky than I do anything else. It is soupy hot though. High humidity

SPC says the worst isn't over.

SUMMARY...THE TORNADO RISK WILL STEADILY INCREASE THROUGH THE
AFTERNOON FROM UPSTATE/PIEDMONT PORTIONS OF NC INTO
SOUTHERN/EAST-CENTRAL VA AND EVENTUALLY ADJACENT MD/DC METRO
VICINITY. THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR A COUPLE OF STRONG /EF2+/
TORNADOES THIS AFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING...INCLUDING AREAS SPANNING
RALEIGH/DURHAM NC AND THE I-85/I-95 CORRIDORS NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD TO
THE RICHMOND VA VICINITY. A TORNADO WATCH ISSUANCE IS HIGHLY LIKELY
FOR SOUTHERN VA BY AROUND 19Z/2 PM EST...WITH AN ADDITIONAL TORNADO
WATCH ISSUANCE EXPECTED LATER THIS AFTERNOON FOR ADDITIONAL PORTIONS
OF VA/MD AND DC METRO AREA.

I am assuming you mean 'clearing' is literally clearing out of clouds.

If so, it has been very sunny today in K'dale. Right now I see more pretty blue sky than I do anything else. It is soupy hot though. High humidity

Yeah, the soupy hot feel is a good surface tell for storms.  By clearing I was kinda thinking of partly cloudy....at least allowing for more than the occasional glimpse of sunshine.

Yeah, the soupy hot feel is a good surface tell for storms.  By clearing I was kinda thinking of partly cloudy....at least allowing for more than the occasional glimpse of sunshine.

not just ocassional here. I should be laying out getting a tan.  :lightning:   I think it is a bit more scary understanding these weather patterns and knowing much more than I did in 2011. I prefer blind ignorance. 

Hearing some reports of downed power polls from co-workers, 903 area

Tractor trailer blown off highway 70 between kinston and la grange. Was thinking of riding up the road and checking for damage. Can't see anything out the window that says we got hit directly but we were clearly in the rotation.

Tractor trailer blown off highway 70 between kinston and la grange. Was thinking of riding up the road and checking for damage. Can't see anything out the window that says we got hit directly but we were clearly in the rotation.

no pictures yet but I have a report on my facebook weather page of a lot of branches that appear 'twisted" off

not just ocassional here. I should be laying out getting a tan.  :lightning:   I think it is a bit more scary understanding these weather patterns and knowing much more than I did in 2011. I prefer blind ignorance. 

Still mostly cloudy here in downtown Raleigh.  But the sun breaks through every few minutes.  Definitely not tanning weather here!

had to internally evacuate here at work, rotation came really close to us but may have stayed just west of me, several trees down outside but I don't think there was a actual tornado but winds had to have been up there......now we bring the plant back up and wait and see what door #2 has behind it in a few hrs....

Archived