Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Potential Feb 23-24

rolltide_130

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankfully, this has been pretty much a non-event for southern wake so far.  Some heavy rain off and on, but the wind has been really light.  I was expecting more wind by this point.

I hope it stays this quiet.

The rain and clouds might be our saving grace here. Looking at one of the chaser feeds in Chapel Hill, and they have sun and blue skies there.

Winds have been insane here the last couple hours.  Power is out, wooden fence flopped over, trellis ripped out, garbage can in the middle of the road, and limbs everywhere.  First time I ever recall being under a high wind warning here.

50,000+ Duke Energy customers without power across the Carolinas. 

~25,000 of them are in the Upstate.

post-12588-0-36976100-1456338715_thumb.j

couplets coming over my house in about 15 minutes. Keeping my fingers crossed its not gonna be on the ground.

Be safe shaggy! What an ripe environment setting up today. So mad work had to call me in. Anyways, STP up to 4 in SE NC with discretes moving that way so anyone in that area should be ready to shelter.

Be safe shaggy! What an ripe environment setting up today. So mad work had to call me in. Anyways, STP up to 4 in SE NC with discretes moving that way so anyone in that area should be ready to shelter.

Very heavy rain and wind but nothing severe couplet about 5 minutes away

Archived