18"+ (5%)

CHH

1"+ (100%)

4"+ (90%)

6"+ (80%)

8"+ (45%)

12"+ (35%)

18"+ (15%)

Several factors look to be in effect with this storm, much more room for a northwest tick to continue over the next 48 hours.  Here we have an arctic disturbance determining the track of the pacific disturbance, this means that there is plenty of cold air present.  NWS highs for Friday are around 32F for CHH.  Snow ratios improve throughout the storm, which means it is likely more 15:1 or 20:1 sun angle isn't a problem yet.  Also storm track looks to favor a Falmouth to Chatham snow band with ACK getting a higher chance of 12"+.  With the GFS coming northwestward and other reliable models showing this forecast path, I would say odds of ACK getting 12"+ are around (25%)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the models for what they are. The CMC runs of the past few days have been entertaining.

Kinda ironic that the favorite "weenie" model trended much weaker and away from SNE on its 12z run. Fortunately, we have the GFS, EURO, and their respective ensembles trending NW...which is an encouraging trend considering the GFS' SE bias at this range.

All that said, it's getting kinda late in the game for an abrupt halt to the aforementioned NW trend...much less any shift away from the coast (although not irreversible once new data is ingested).

As most of you have already noted, it certainly ups the ante on the 00z runs tonight! Right now, I'm very cautiously optimistic; hoping for one last road trip to the area. Most interested in seeing the 12z runs tomorrow afternoon once the energy has been sampled.

I don't see this as a chase worthy storm. High end potential I see is 6-8" for CC.

I totally agree with your assessment.

Honestly, desparation for one last chase would entice me to go to CC for another 8-10" blizzard...although I too don't expect it. Very low probability, but not impossible if it can deepen more than currently modeled and trend close enough to the BM. Big "if" I know.

I totally agree with your assessment.

Honestly, desparation for one last chase would entice me to go to CC for another 8-10" blizzard...although I too don't expect it. Very low probability, but not impossible if it can deepen more than currently modeled and trend close enough to the BM. Big "if" I know.

I think it can, given dynamics and oceanic sea surface temperature anomalies focusing along the 40/70 benchmark, this should spark strong to rapid deepening.  Maybe more than modeled currently, maybe along the lines of the CMC.

Archived