Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mezzanine - 3rd times a charm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know that was such a good snow year in nne

I wonder if he is remembering 2008-2009...there was a big melt out around Christmas and right before NY. Though I would have figured that region would survive it with snowpack.

I'm trying to think how a 46" snowpack would have accumulated in Dec 2009 there. Good storm on 12/9 but they whiffed on the 12/19-20 storm.

I love Dec. snows. Just seems to fit the mood better with the sun dropping early and Christmas décor. That's been absent the last couple of years now.

We had a couple of good December storms before 12/20 during 2013. However, we torched most of it away before Christmas...although parts of the interior of MA including NE MA still kept some snow. December for the most part isn't a "snowy" month. 

We had a couple of good December storms before 12/20 during 2013. However, we torched most of it away before Christmas...although parts of the interior of MA including NE MA still kept some snow. December for the most part isn't a "snowy" month.

Yes, I remember that...those were very cold snows too. Could be wrong, but I think one of those snows stayed in the single digits.

Stopped looking at models for winter threats over a week ago.  Spring is here.  Time to focus attention elsewhere.

Yea we never have had a snowstorm after a very warm period in March, might as well just focus attention elsewhere....... Where elsewhere is in a model thread would be the question.

Yea we never have had a snowstorm after a very warm period in March, might as well just focus attention elsewhere....... Where elsewhere is in a model thread would be the question.

Track away.  If it snows, it snows.  I just don't care to follow threats at this point 24/7. I'm 95% sure there won't be any significant snows in the Boston area again this season.

I guess many people are in spring mode. They will be in for a rude awakening come next weekend.

Archived