SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mezzanine - 3rd times a charm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just think ... in so many decades the inevitability of GW would put a stop to any winters at all for this latitude - could be worse.   

that could be a really interesting gradient set up later this week.  the 12z GFS shows the boundary stuck for 24 hours across southern vt/nh, with fresh polar air into the N ...  meanwhile, Mass struggles to hold onto a west wind and lingering warmth.  Almost has a ice-storm look for cne. 

Euro is a blue bomb for parts of VT/NH/ME

Yeah it kept the 00z solution.

Here it's got 6" at MVL, 7" for Dryslot in LEW, and 9" for LCI, with 10" MWN.

Wish I could see between H85-H7. It's 0C or lower up here at H85 which would lead me to think elevation event, as SFC holds in the 32-35F range for a large part of it.

Wet too with a 24-hour total of 1.0" up here ranging to 1.5-2.0" from RUT south through the Berks and then over into SNH.

Yeah it kept the 00z solution.

Here it's got 6" at MVL, 7" for Dryslot in LEW, and 9" for LCI, with 10" MWN.

Wish I could see between H85-H7. It's 0C or lower up here at H85 which would lead me to think elevation event, as SFC holds in the 32-35F range for a large part of it.

It did shift north a bit from 0z, Oh boy, Where was this a month ago................... :(

The GFS projecting tbe EPO will drop sharply negative around March 15.

It also has the PNA heading quite positive as well.  However, I was looking at some weekly sfc temp anomaly charts and they have us still above-average temp wise with no signs of any cooler anomalies until the first week of April or so. 

Archived