SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mezzanine - 3rd times a charm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The overrunning 1-4 inch snows are on just about all guidance. That piece is going to happen and I will eat my words about it  being over

As of now with current guidance, I highly doubt anybody in CT sees more than an inch(and that may be generous)...except maybe far southeast CT.

Unless the Euro(highly doubt) shifts NW, and then later on we see more ticks northwest.  

I'm thinking maybe just flakes flying here and there is probably what happens here.

As of now with current guidance, I highly doubt anybody in CT sees more than an inch(and that may be generous)...except maybe far southeast CT.

Unless the Euro(highly doubt) shifts NW, and then later on we see more ticks northwest.  

I'm thinking maybe just flakes flying here and there is probably what happens here.

Almost all guidance gives a few inches close to I-90

The coastal, itself won't be enough to get the job done for downstream UL ridge development. 

While the system is north of the Gulf, I really want to see the shortwave pump up heights,  going forward, with a more classic miller B redevelopment.

We've seen some really potent shortwaves track over that same region the over the past month, resulting in cutters. And a north/west trend as we've approached the event... I don't think it's asking for too much...

We have a nice PNA ridge to work with and an arctic air mass in place. Now if only she could tap some of that Gulf moisture....

We've seen some really potent shortwaves track over that same region the over the past month, resulting in cutters. And a north/west trend as we've approached the event... I don't think it's asking for too much...

Tomorrow's deal seems to have went east in the final 72 hours

There may be a cstl front or OES type deal in SE MA too. Might be a small area that gets advisory snows if it worked out. Otherwise, it's probably not much of anything the way things are modeled. I suppose we still need to watch the system for small NW ticks...and that nrn stream vort.

Is this the first run the EURO has shown any snow (in the past 3-4 days) for Friday? If so is that a trend?

It was showing the weaker northern disturbance holding together more than previous runs. But the coastal itself didn't really trend any closer this run. Maybe a hair.

As we've had to do and had success with all winter we'll toss the Euro snowfall idea as it just seems to struggle with Nw shield and amounts. Seems to always miss these small- medium sized events this winter. Even like 12-24 hours out. Shaping up to be a nice 2-4 inch event from about I-90 south

lol. I thought the bus was back in the garage until October/ November?

Archived