Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2016 Forecasts, Disco

snowman19

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could easily be late May on temps alone however there's a definite difference regarding humidity and sun angle versus May.

Yeah, the sun angle is definitely noticeable, not nearly as stong as it would be in May.

Humidity is building a bit here, but definitely could be worse. 75° and beautiful.

Talk about a rude post. People are allowed to root for whatever type of weather they like. Why do you feel that he isn't letting you enjoy this warm weather? He was just stating his personal opinion on this warm weather. It doesn't affect anyone else's enjoyment. 

Im not trying to be rude but its just the near Taliban fanaticism with winter and snow puts some people in bad mood. Others coming up with laughable maps and 1-500 chances for snow and cold to make them self feel happy. Its just too much. In the past i would post how i want it to be warmer and liked the above average temps during the winter and i felt like i was going to be run out of town. There is a hand full of FREAKS that love ICE cold and endless blizzards that have told me i SHOULD MOVE if i want the warmer temps, well maybe these folks should MOVE to northern Quebec so they can have a 6 month winter. OR maybe they can just relax and let others enjoy the day.

Today arguably felt considerably warmer than yesterday if you add in higher dews, higher mins, and nearly identical high temps.

Very unusual to feel this type of warmth with the earlier sunset, lower sun angle, and no leaves on the trees yet.

I'll take what I can get, and I don't live South of NYC, so I'm good.

Has your area been in a drought? I'm pretty happy where I'm at water-wise.  Need to get ground water re-charged before trees start their uptake?

Today saw some impressive records for NYC:

Record high: 79° (old record: 74°, 2006) -- warmest reading so early in the season

Record high minimum: 63° (old record: 51°, 1955)

Until 12/22/2013, there had been no 60° or above minimum readings in NYC during the 11/26-3/24 timeframe. Today's was the 3rd such reading:

12/22/2013: 61°

12/24/2015: 63° (13° difference from the 2nd highest minimum reading for the date, tied for the biggest such difference)

3/10/2016: 63° (12° difference from the 2nd highest minimum reading for the date, 2nd biggest such difference)

NYC's records go back to 1869.

Archived