joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 23-25 Potential Storm

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just stepping out this morning makes me ready for spring. Crap winter regardless of the big storm.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

That's my thought exactly. Others will disagree but this winter pretty much sucked. Right now I'd give it a C only because of the Blizz....other than that, it gets an F.

Disagree with everyone of you. I'll take my 28" blizzard with zero before or after besides multiple 3-6" pedestrian events.

Also....come March I could care less about winter weather

Agreed. Give me a historic storm and nothing else over 6 events that add up to that one storm. Last year was like that and some of the same posters complained that none of the storms were big enough so it wasn't that great of a winter lol seems that nothing can make certain people happy... This winter was great imo. Not cold at all and finished well above average snowfall with a storm that I will remember forever. Can't beat that.

Agreed. Give me a historic storm and nothing else over 6 events that add up to that one storm. Last year was like that and some of the same posters complained that none of the storms were big enough so it wasn't that great of a winter lol seems that nothing can make certain people happy... This winter was great imo. Not cold at all and finished well above average snowfall with a storm that I will remember forever. Can't beat that.

Glad to see someone's thankful. No one who got the epic blizzard should be complaining when locations who were supposed to have a solid winter instead wound up with one that is borderline historically bad.

Thing is many of us like it cold with snow constantly on the ground. A "refresher" here and there. Snow on top of snow...keep the streets white. Shiet like that..

The blizz came/went...streets clear/partially clear (showing black) within a day or two. The snow sank real quick and no one would have ever guessed we received 2'+ who didn't live around here. (just flew in)

I wouldn't mind a winter like this one every 7-8yrs but not constantly.

Thing is many of us like it cold with snow constantly on the ground. A "refresher" here and there. Snow on top of snow...keep the streets white. Shiet like that..

The blizz came/went...streets clear/partially clear (showing black) within a day or two. The snow sank real quick and no one would have ever guessed we received 2'+ who didn't live around here. (just flew in)

I wouldn't mind a winter like this one every 7-8yrs but not constantly.

Not sure what you are talking about. I had snow pack for two weeks straight after the bilizzard.

28"...in one storm.....with high winds, blizzard conditions and drifts. Not sure how anyone can complain about this winter in this area. You need to get a grip. I grew up in the late 70s/early 80s. This winter was a massive WIN

Not sure what you are talking about. I had snow pack for two weeks straight after the bilizzard.

28"...in one storm.....with high winds, blizzard conditions and drifts. Not sure how anyone can complain about this winter in this area. You need to get a grip. I grew up in the late 70s/early 80s. This winter was a massive WIN

So did I...

This winter was warm and we had a one day party....not a winter to remember in my book. A storm yes...a "winter" no.

Wrong! I'm glad so many had a big snow storm. It did happen over most of the area but not all. We along the coast picked up a few front end inches and ended up with nothing! Yea, we can complain. We'd love to have "something", say, 6-10" storm without half our area being flooded out. We count too. I also remember the late '70's/early '80's and we did have several BIG snows. Now, one of those would be WONDERFUL! OK, that's a bit much. 6-10" would be cool.

Wrong! I'm glad so many had a big snow storm. It did happen over most of the area but not all. We along the coast picked up a few front end inches and ended up with nothing! Yea, we can complain. We'd love to have "something", say, 6-10" storm without half our area being flooded out. We count too. I also remember the late '70's/early '80's and we did have several BIG snows. Now, one of those would be WONDERFUL! OK, that's a bit much. 6-10" would be cool.

You live in Cape May. If I were you I'd expect squat every year and be happy with what I get.

I found it odd there was no "normal" range in those maps. It was either "above" or "below" average

the average temp is an actual number, not a range. I think their maps showing what they do make perfect sense. The chances of any single location falling exactly on the average temp is is extremely low and impossible to map

the average temp is an actual number, not a range. I think their maps showing what they do make perfect sense. The chances of any single location falling exactly on the average temp is is extremely low and impossible to map

Weather channel/other outlets do "normal" snowfall....why not temps? It just means "around" the average not exact.

at-least 0.50 ice on the trees here. (estimated )

with the winds blowing...crackling sounds galore.

If it is any consolation, this was probably the last threat for the season. Nothing promising on the horizon, nothing promising in the LR. March is quickly approaching and all teleconnection indices that looked favorable for late Feb-mid March have virtually vanished. It's too late now to start looking at day 10+ and hoping for a phantom system in this piss-poor El Nino pattern. Aside from the well-timed (lucky?) January Blizzard, this season was an epic fail overall.

Archived