Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2016 Pattern

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful...except for the M.A.

That yellow and orange should be a little more SE that on that map...I'm just over 20" and I I never see snow again, I'll be about -40" departure on the season. So far the worst season snowfall wise on record, since they have been kept from I believe 33-34 for this area. I did a nice spreadsheet on snowfall from September through May ( some missing data) and the worst was 27" I think was 37-38, I'll have to look. But it's pretty cool to see the pattern of winters from like 59-70...all those winters were incredible amounts for the season... Winter has a way of surprising us, I still believe with the upcoming pattern changes, we could get a perfect timed cyclogenesis near our area...I think 96-97 was one of those years, just with a bit more snow

Find a complete and accurate database of average annual snowfall for NE outside of Will's cranium...that's your problem.

Correct.

The map is likely going off the Coop data which we've already hashed out numerous times has its flaws every time a seasonal snow map comes out from the government.

is someones predicted March 12 still walking in the door? or are we talking 2-3 days of 60's then climo?

I'd still hedge AN until the eye can see, but ggem/last few runs of the GFS operational models cetainly remind us of how some well timed highs can put a damper on the idea of a prolonged uninterrupted torch in March in NE.

Funny, may posters are where I was 2-3 weeks ago.

My melts are over....I've vaulted through the acceptance stage.

It is what it is.....tmw never had a chance, therefore I am not aggravated in the least.

Looking forward to warmer times.

I took some crap for my overconfidence this season, and rightfully so, as I feast on crow.

I do, however, take solace in the fact that I knew when to fold 'em, which I also took crap for.

I'd still hedge AN until the eye can see, but ggem/last few runs of the GFS operational models cetainly remind us of how some well timed highs can put a damper on the idea of a prolonged uninterrupted torch in March in NE.

operational models for patterns are basically useless or at best an Ens member. The strong SE ridge certainly provides a nice warmup. The development of ridging and blocking mid month on ENS seems to indicate a more climo trend after the very warm period.

operational models for patterns are basically useless or at best an Ens member. The strong SE ridge certainly provides a nice warmup. The development of ridging and blocking mid month on ENS seems to indicate a more climo trend after the very warm period.

They aren't useless for what I referenced them for? Which was only as a reminder of how things could go wrong for a prolonged torch. I said I am hedging AN for the foreseeable future.

They aren't useless for what I referenced them for? Which was only as a reminder of how things could go wrong for a prolonged torch. I said I am hedging AN for the foreseeable future.

true yea AN for what we can see but as you said some Flys around in that ointment. Have baseball practices scheduled for the warm days. Can't wait

March 12 was plus 10, references to that month was certainly hype and highly speculative.

Yeah it's thrown out there for impact, but also all winter we hear how certain set-ups are like Feb '78 or something like that.

I generally look at all of those claims the same. It may not mean that exact outcome will come true, it's added to get discussion going.

Archived