joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Spring Medium-Long Range Discussion

wisconsinwx

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So true, he couldn't help himself to post something depressing when everyone is looking forward to nice warm weather.

How is a map with 70s depressing in April?

We went from mid 80s to 70s in two runs. Heck the 80s will probably return on future runs. 

Personally I like spring weather to occur in spring and not summer weather. Spring is short enough in my local area as it is before the uncomfortable humid air moves in.

Looking more like southerly winds on Monday for Alek and I.

gfs_T2m_ncus_17.png

low 80s came back this run.

gfs_T2m_ncus_41.png

We went from mid 80s to 70s in two runs. Heck the 80s will probably return on future runs. 

Personally I like spring weather to occur in spring and not summer weather. Spring is short enough in my local area as it is before the uncomfortable humid air moves in.

i do better with SE winds than you do

With a cold front pressing in and 40s behind it. Something no one wants to see.

With a cold front pressing in and 40s behind it. Something no one wants to see.

I was just noting the real warm days were timed different on that 12z run. I've been wanting those 40s to end.

Anyways - so far the medium range isn't too bad on this run of the GFS.

A horseshoe of moisture or boomerang.

gfs_apcpn_us_29.png

heck of a pattern

test8.gif

The Euro would reload with the bigger trough over the GoA diving into the west, the GFS with a ridge starting to form northeast of Hawaii. That would lock in the pattern it has for a while, either way both models have a great pattern for our area for warmth and eventually storm potentials down the road.

I've been watching next weekend (4/23-24) on the models for several runs now regarding eastern MN.  What looked promising a couple of days ago is now looking less than stellar.  The GFS is still holding on to a severe threat, but the Euro not so much.  To much convection breaking out over IA coupled with eastern surface winds, should limit our severe threat. However the Euro does dump some decent rains over us on the stable side of the system ending our fire danger threat.  Time will tell which solution is correct.

I've been watching next weekend (4/23-24) on the models for several runs now regarding eastern MN.  What looked promising a couple of days ago is now looking less than stellar.  The GFS is still holding on to a severe threat, but the Euro not so much.  To much convection breaking out over IA coupled with eastern surface winds, should limit our severe threat. However the Euro does dump some decent rains over us on the stable side of the system ending our fire danger threat.  Time will tell which solution is correct.

I think most of the potential here is going to be focused in the Plains, especially initially. Whatever comes first is going to have to shunt the ridge eastward for succeeding systems.

I think most of the potential here is going to be focused in the Plains, especially initially. Whatever comes first is going to have to shunt the ridge eastward for succeeding systems.

I'm not so much worried about the ridge be shunted to the east.  My major worry is the mid level Hudson Bay trough and what happens under neath it.  If the low level flow is anti cyclonic it will likely force severe convection to the south, if the flow is cyclonic it would likely open us up for at least some kind of severe threat as the drying winds would stay north of us.

GFS has now come into the Euro camp.  Will be surprised to see dews exceed 50° here at MSP (04/23 -24).  I wouldn't be surprised if we have a major severe event to the south of us with moisture streaming out of the gulf, being forced to pool in the plains, especially if the Bermuda high is as strong as advertised and contributes more moisture coming in off the SE US coast as the western trough ejects out.

Hopefully this weekend is the last time it snows (looks like a shot at something early Sunday) for many months.

I checked my forecast and I have near freezing temps. and snow for this Sunday or Monday - what the hell is this s***?? I thought it was suppose to be high 60s all the way up here in Ontario during that frame.

Op GFS is hinting at some cold shots beyond day 10.  Hope not.

:facepalm: Leave it to the GFS 10 day to sniff out something, really hoping it all collapses. Out of all the Day 10's from the GFS, don't let this one slip into reality.

Archived