• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
President's Day Storm Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

Measured 1/4 inch of ice on top of snowpack. Trees and other surfaces holding between 1/10 and 1/4 inch. Small limbs/branches breaking off trees due to the weight of the ice. Untreated roads are a skating rink. I had to walk like a penguin to navigate safely.

Temp holding at 28F, periods of ZR and showery. Winds beginning to increase a bit. Likely to see several more hours of sub freezing temps out this way.

You know its a bad ice storm when you see people walkin around like a penguin, trying to jebwalk around.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took another diagnostic jebwalk. This jebwalk was so damn dangerous that it darn near diagnosed ME!

Light ZR continues unabated. Driveway has got one hell of a thick sheet of ice on it! We have accreted at least three sixteenths of an inch of ice, possibly more. Sidewalks are world class skating rinks. Even the one that I treated, is now a full-blown disaster zone.

That ice is slick with liquid ZR! That's what damn near brought me down tonight lmao! I was so amazed at the wonder of streetlights reflecting off of all the ice on the trees and roads and the snowpack, that my foot nearly slipped!

I wish to G-d that it would ZR all night and all day tomorrow at 24 degrees with a nice northerly wind. I wish that the low would go on spinning for days, supplying me with lots and lots of ice! Then I wish it would stay in the low 20s in the days for two weeks with lows in the negative single digits. I'd walk around on the ice, casually sliding down ice covered streets on my shoes with the bored aplomb of a businessperson descending on an escalator, waving to friends with a pleased grin on my delighted face.

I love ice, sometimes even more than I love snow. Man I wish I was at Jay Peak Vermont right now!

Archived